Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the four climates would you choose?
Comfortville 8 16.00%
Lushland Gardens 12 24.00%
Paradise Island 17 34.00%
Frozeria 2 4.00%
F***ing fictional climates-WASTE OF FORUM SPACE! 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,886,777 times

Advertisements

I have created three very mild to warm fictional climates and 1 frozen one and would like to know which one would be most desirable for you to live in personally.

Comfortville- exact same highs and lows every day, no precipitation ever recorded, no standard deviations. Mild to warm days and slightly cooler nights for sleeping. Most mornings start with a marine layer of low clouds which burn off giving away to sunshine around 10AM on most days. Humidity is pretty low in the afternoons as well. Pretty much like being in a climate controlled office with the exception of the sun shining down on you. NO heating or AC needed ever! Heck, roofs aren't even needed!

Lushland Gardens- A mild to warm rainforest very comfortable, mild temperatures with a very low diurnal range and low standard deviation in terms of records. BUT LOTS AND LOTS of rain- sun sometimes peaks out of the clouds during the drier season but clear, blue skies days are extremely rare (maybe once every five years). Rain can come in anything from light rain to torrential downpours (some can last for days). Thunderstorms on an average of 3 times a month but no tornadoes or severe type of weather. Just heavy straight rain a lot of the time. But the temperatures are VERY much close to room temperatures; you just need a poncho or umbrella a lot! Like Comfortville, no heat or AC (or even fans or extra blankets) are needed.

Paradise Island- warmer temperatures than the other two. NOT as hot and humid as a continental climate's summer but more humidity than an arid climate or Mediterranean climate's summer. Moderately warm days with mild to moderate humidity and slightly cooler nights (but still warm enough to wear a t-shirt and shorts). Constant trade winds keep things from heating up too much so very little standard deviation as well. Precipitation totals are low because most rain comes in the form of light showers (it rains about 7-10 days a month to keep things green and lush even if the amount is light). Torrential downpours are UNHEARD of but heavier rain occurs on occasion. This place gets about one mild thunderstorm a month. Severe weather is unheard of. Some people may need AC while others will be okay without it.

and last but not least, for you cold lovers....

Frozeria
- Vostok's winter temperatures lasting year round. Sunshine hours don't vary so this is located on the equator of a hypothetical earth located far enough from the sun to make the temperatures this cold. It's mostly too cold to snow. A light flurry does fall on the average of once a year and of course it never melts, so it's an icecap covered with a layer of snow.

Last edited by AdriannaSmiling; 06-26-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I chose Lushland Gardens. Comfortville's temperatures were better, but I couldn't live somewhere with ZERO precipitation. I like rain. I like clouds. I like vegetation. Blending Lushland's weather with Comfortville's temperature would be perfect for me.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,697,702 times
Paradise Island for me... one of the best fictional climates ever created on here period

Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 PM

For extra credit, guess which U.S. cities Comfortville, Lushland Gardens, and Paradise Island are loosely based on!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:33 PM

Comfortville - Arica, Chile
Lushland Gardens - ??
Paradise Island - Honolulu, HI

my guesses..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Paradise Island for me... one of the best fictional climates ever created on here period
You do realize that zero precipitation means there is zero natural vegetation, right?

1,219 posts, read 1,507,927 times
Paradise Island. If temperatures are gonna be warm year round it might as well be nice with some variation and not too much rain. And as for Frozeria, I don't even think the hardcore cold lovers will pick that, lol.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You do realize that zero precipitation means there is zero natural vegetation, right?
Firstly, there isn't zero precipitation.. it's just low. As long as I can go swimming at the beach every day of the year that's all I care about. Besides, you can always irrigate places where you want to have plant life.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Lushland Gardens - ??
Quito, Ecuador

Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 PM

Paradise Island gets light precipitation throughout the year and things are green there because the light rain occurs reliably several times each month- it rains about twice a week; it just rarely rains hard.

It's Comfortville that relies on irrigation solely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather