Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate summer?
Yes 38 38.78%
No 60 61.22%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 PM

336 posts, read 398,810 times

Advertisements

Well, summer is OK, except during heatwaves like last weeks. Houses in northern countries are built to keep all the heat inside. Not very comfortable, even though the heat is "dry heat"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 03:14 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,209,139 times
I do. It's a LOT better than where I used to live, though. Mid 70s/24C today, which is impossible in that place.
In 2 months, the trees will be well on their way to changing colors, so... at least it's short.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:16 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,890,394 times
YES.

I'm really hating it now. It is so boring and long. It is taking forever to get to winter. I want snow and I am fed up waiting.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:51 PM

753 posts, read 838,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowboundwithCabinFever View Post
Were you in Saskatchewan when many locations here hit 48 to 50C (temperature and dew point) a couple of years ago? In my city we've had a number of hot humid summers (not as long lasting as Texas of course). But without A/C they were unbearable...even had one Texan (that comes up here to escape Texas heat) say to me he wished that summer he had stayed down in Texas.
Probably, I was in Saskatchewan the last few summers. However, Saskatoon never got close to that, the hottest we got for actual temperature the last few years was 32°C, and the highest humidex we had was 40 or 41. And even that was just a day or two here and there, not a constant all-summer-long sort of thing. I had air conditioning in my apartment but my roommate and I only used it on a handful of days last summer (despite the higher than normal humidity), we mostly just left the patio door open at night and it would cool down to a comfortable level by morning.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,591,899 times
I'm OKAY with it for about 2 weeks- a month. Then I'm ready for the other seasons. I mean once you've gone to the beach, lake, pool etc. a couple of times within 2 weeks/1month. Why do you need it soo warm after that? Everything else is better done in moderate weather.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:10 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,693,130 times
Do I hate summer. Well, it depends what the weather is like.

As far as I am concerned, just as cold lovers want proper winters, I want proper summer.
A proper summer to me is dominated by warmth/heat, humidity and storms. Anything else is crap and not summer. Daytime highs below 20°C is not summer, nor are lows below 10°C. Nor drizzle and stratocumulus junk all day every day. Usually most of our summers are like that rubbish here, but this July has been far above and beyond the crap of recent years, for which I am thankful. Plenty of warm, sunny and humid weather this month.

Overall, summer is my favourite season because it is the only one that truly lacks cold weather. I can just go outside without having to protect my body from cold by putting extra coat/hat etc. on. Personally I wish it could be July all year round. I also love the extra life in everything (except some insects). And warm humid weather just.... smells good. And nothing is better than the flash of lightning and crack/rumble of thunder

Old 07-28-2013, 07:21 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Summer would be my favourite season if thunderstorms occurred with the same frequency as they used to. I actually have more memories of thunderstorms as a child than snow. It was actually thunderstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes that sparked my weather interest. Oh well - perhaps storms and snow here cannot occur in high frequency at the same time. One or the other.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 AM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
Hate it with a passion. Hated the dry heat in Montana, hate the humidity here in the south. Late September starts to bring peace to my soul.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM

276 posts, read 448,670 times
Yep - always have.

Living in DC, we get plenty of heat like most of the Southeast. Thankfully it has been a cool summer, but I'm moving North to get some more cool!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,110,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Hate it with a passion. Hated the dry heat in Montana, hate the humidity here in the south. Late September starts to bring peace to my soul.
u mean october, summer doesn't end till october
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather