Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,394,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
It happened last winter or the winter before.

August 2006 was warmer in London than it was in Paris, though it was rubbish in both cities.
Maybe when there's a Atlantic weather front in Britain...probably
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,613,166 times
Yes, I think I remember someone posting a chart of European temperatures, but don't remember the date.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
I grew up in Houston, TX, and when the one hurricane (Alicia) that impacted Houston as a teenager came when we were out of town on vacation, I was very disappointed. I always wanted to experience one.

As an adult, father and homeowner who went through Hurricane Ike a few short years ago, I'll never want to deal with a hurricane again. I was lucky to have no significant damage, but the 17 days of no power that followed were a bit lacking in terms of fun. Luckily, I had/have a generator, so it could have been worse.

One funny thing is that Ike came on shore in the middle of the night, and it drove me crazy that I couldn't see what was happening outside. When the eye passed over, I went out and saw the devastation. During the "second half" of the hurricane, daylight returned, and as I watched the trees bow towards my home waiting for the snap and crash, I wished it was still dark out so I didn't have to see what was going on outside.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,809,412 times
Only at nearby places.. e.g last year winter the east-coast was smashed with snowstorm after snowstorm, while it was desert-dry on the westcoast. What made it even more irritating, was that the temperature most of these days were steadily below zero - we just needed some goddamn precipitation. Same goes for the so called heatwave last august. 30C forecasted for two or tree days - none of them reached above 24C. Meanwhile scania 200 km further south was basking in their 30-32C heat

Old 10-28-2013, 06:11 PM

1,244 posts, read 1,297,103 times
No way. When there is 3-4 inches of snow 5 minutes north of me, but we get nothing, I am jealous and don't feel happy for them. Same with cold temperatures. When isolated locales around Shelton and Olympia are going subzero but I'm getting 20 degrees, I'm very jealous. And it's worse when these places are so close to home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather