Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:09 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,906,709 times

Advertisements

Best climate for me:

Not Melbourne. Or anywhere outside 20º latitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 11:34 PM

26,435 posts, read 46,684,434 times
The best climate for me would be east of the Mississippi River and above 40-42N latitude in the U.S.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,638,491 times
I'm also curious to know if you tolerate dry or humid air better?

Old 12-03-2007, 02:51 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,150,622 times
The best climate in the world is the climate in San Diego

Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 PM

71 posts, read 298,734 times
Surprised no one has mentioned Hawaii - in most of Hawaii with the tradewinds there is no need for air conditioning and it does not get cold enough to need heat.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,469,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The best climate in the world is the climate in San Diego
Umm...no it's L.A. Why go to the city with no culture when there is an alpha world city next door? A culture and weather package is much better than weather à la carte.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
You and me both plains, you and me both. I can deal with 80's as long as it's dry, but if it's humid...ack! I do feel very lazy most of the summer and the only time the weather is "nice" is at 6am
Must be genetics, but even 90 F and up to 50% humidity with no wind, a dead-calm, is nothing to me.

Sure it might encourage me to slow down a little, but I like moving slowly anyways.

On the other hand, when it's cold, my preference for doing many tasks more slowly bites me in the butt.
It forces me to speed up, for no other reason than it might kill me if I don't.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:06 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,469,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Oh, gosh...fahrenheit. 40 celsius is like 100 degrees! Besides, you're in Houston so you should figure what I mean And I don't care if the metric system makes more sense. I'm used to our stupid system in America. I know it makes no sense but it's what we know.
Fahrenheit is an early, but ill-conceived, attempt to create the absolute themometric scale that Lord Kelvin created later on. Celsius was just a logical temperature scale (once Carolus Linneaus reversed it).

Old 12-06-2007, 01:04 AM

26 posts, read 51,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Umm...no it's L.A. Why go to the city with no culture when there is an alpha world city next door? A culture and weather package is much better than weather à la carte.
Not really. I'm a native of LA, and I might leave just because of the weather. I can't take it anymore. The heat, the dryness, The SUN.

It's not really that hot here, just warm- but ALL THE TIME. 80 degrees and sunny is nice during the summer- not ALL YEAR. It was warm today, and I'm still fatigued from the heat as I write this, and it's DECEMBER.

Dew points near the coast (where I live) are moderate year round, so there's humidity- there's just NO RAIN. I think Phoenix gets more days of rain than LA. Months and Months go by without a drop of rain, and I get rain-starved. To top it off, last year we had a DROUGHT.

Even though the temperatures are "mild", you have to factor in the effects of the sun- which heats things up about 20 degrees. I hate going outside, it feels like my skin is peeling off. The real reason Angelenos don't walk is because it's too FREAKING HOT.

I think LA is ranked the number three city with LEAST weather variety, behind San Francisco and San Diego (which are cooler and cloudier). Over time, the lack of variety is EXHAUSTING and wears you out.

I think my perfect climate would be something like Philadelphia. Perfectly seasonal with year-round precipitation. Sounds good to me.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:23 PM

776 posts, read 1,675,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy7 View Post
Not really. I'm a native of LA, and I might leave just because of the weather. I can't take it anymore. The heat, the dryness, The SUN.

It's not really that hot here, just warm- but ALL THE TIME. 80 degrees and sunny is nice during the summer- not ALL YEAR. It was warm today, and I'm still fatigued from the heat as I write this, and it's DECEMBER.

Dew points near the coast (where I live) are moderate year round, so there's humidity- there's just NO RAIN. I think Phoenix gets more days of rain than LA. Months and Months go by without a drop of rain, and I get rain-starved. To top it off, last year we had a DROUGHT.

Even though the temperatures are "mild", you have to factor in the effects of the sun- which heats things up about 20 degrees. I hate going outside, it feels like my skin is peeling off. The real reason Angelenos don't walk is because it's too FREAKING HOT.

I think LA is ranked the number three city with LEAST weather variety, behind San Francisco and San Diego (which are cooler and cloudier). Over time, the lack of variety is EXHAUSTING and wears you out.

I think my perfect climate would be something like Philadelphia. Perfectly seasonal with year-round precipitation. Sounds good to me.

YOU must live a few years in South Florida. LA ain't even in the same league. It was 85 and humid today in December with lows dropping to 70. We keep the A/C on 24/7 at least 10 months a year now. For half the year the temp doesn't even drop below the high 70's at night. Your June weather is cooler in LA than it is in South Florida in December....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather