Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,957,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar08 View Post
South Florida Baby!! its always warm...the guy who visited Fort Lauderdale said it was 68 degrees on the night of New Years Eve..come on whats better then a near 70 degree temp in the middle of winter?
everything is better than having 70 degree weather in winter, it sucks. i lived in south florida for 9 years and i think it's got some of the crappiest weather in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
everything is better than having 70 degree weather in winter, it sucks.

The only kind of weather I can think is better than 70 F winter weather would be 85 F degree winter weather.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:00 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Yea, I second that~what CC said.

I actually would love warm/hot weather year-round, but I do sympathize with you, dxiw because it's not fun living in weather that you don't like.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Wow, I don't know. It is funny how some of the members here love the cold and hate the heat. Then there are those of us who are the total opposite. I've often been confused by it cause we all have the same body temp so we should all like the same outside temps.
Bingo!

I may be Nordic White in appearance yet I hate cold-------read that anything much below 60F.

That stated; I detest humid weather when the temp is above 80F and admittedly; despite the dry weather, 110F here in Arizona in the summer is hot.

By far my favorite climate in the continental USA would be SoCal near the beach.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,957,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post

The only kind of weather I can think is better than 70 F winter weather would be 85 F degree winter weather.
trust me, try having christmas spitit when its 83 degrees outside with 90% humidity, it sucks. and it's the SAME weather all year long, june is barely any different from december, and 10 months of the year it can get to 90f or above(feb-nov), I would like to live in a place like minneosta where it's VERY cold in winter and can get hot in summer.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,896,522 times
^^ It's beautiful

Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 PM

776 posts, read 1,672,379 times
Quote:
trust me, try having christmas spitit when its 83 degrees outside with 90% humidity, it sucks. and it's the SAME weather all year long, june is barely any different from december, and 10 months of the year it can get to 90f or above(feb-nov), I would like to live in a place like minneosta where it's VERY cold in winter and can get hot in summer.
If it gets above 55 during the day and anything below 65 at night with a fairly dry climate I'd be happy. Obviously coastal CA has that but is anyplace close even close? Albuquerque? Sedona? Wilmington,NC? I can easily live in the front range near Denver..you get that for 8 months almost non stop though the other 4 can be brutal at times. If you thought SoFla was unbearably hot and humid back 5-10 years ago you should come now. I doubt I'll be able to go without the A/C on for more than 2-3 weeks this winter. Only a couple of nights so far that even dipped below 70 degrees.. We do have some of the best beaches only enhanced by the humid tropical year round weather..

Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Quote:
I can empathize with that kind of humidity being a drag in winter.

However it would still be nice to me, because I have 25 years of memories where out of 25 summers, 20 of them had weather too cold to swim or wear shorts in JULY! By itself that does not sound bad, but we look forward to summer here as a break from the cold kicking our butts, or driving us nuts.

Some years we get 5 months of yucky cold, followed by 3-4 months of cool-to-warmish spring-like "summer" and then another 4-5 months of weather were you'd at least be insane to walk around in a t-shirt... Not good for most people who like temperate weather, with no strong aversion to heat and limited fondness for cold.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,770 times
This discussion is similar to arguments on the best wine. Or is it whine about weather? Found my location, 2 hours south of San Diego, to be perfect for me.

Ensenada gets enough weather variety due to the ocean, marine layer("fog" everywhere else on planet), cool Jan-Mar(7C lows) and no need for a/c.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,458 times
Mediterranean 70s all year round, not HOT not COLD just right, though the seattle native prefer 72F, the californian natives prefer 77F! Usually there is also a mid-level of humidity thus good for the skin but not bad for allergies. I'm surprised as most of Australian cities are Mediterranean, maybe you don't know how good you have it until its gone, give Siberia or Saudi Arabia a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather