Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 PM

29,535 posts, read 19,626,354 times

Advertisements

Today's four cfs runs keep Eastern US well below normal in the middle of April at least, but it looks like heat is beginning to build into the Plains

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 06:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,108,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Like there needs to be even more people crammed into Miami
we are certainly not crammed, we are WAY to spread out. what we need is a proper mass transit system then the S.FL metro area can see it's population increase by 3% each year until we hit 20 million

Old 03-18-2014, 06:56 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
26 F/-3 C and sunny at 10:30AM after a low of 16 F/-9 C. Forecast high of 41 F/5 C. Cold nights, but days feel warm especially with the sun.

Lol let's try to minimize skin showing.
Exactly

Old 03-18-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Oh come on, Its just a UK style $19.99 short sleeve Polo shirt . Not at all revealing and perfect for 50-70 F weather. I hate being bundled up past early March and want to wear less layers.

Sunshine breaking the clouds here.
Why do you even wear clothes.
I mean it so silly. Just run naked. Free free free

Old 03-18-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Is it just me, or do all the model depictions of the upcoming pattern look strangely familiar? If this continues until next winter our déjà vu will be almost as severe as the Enterprise crew's in "Cause and Effect" .

A spring snowfall is great and fun for anybody; bring it, I say . Let blooming season commence in May when it will be much more welcome and won't become tiresome well before summer arrives; let the joy of the advent of blooms, bulbs, warmth, and rain come later so it will still be with us for the heart of the warm season rather than being a sweaty tapped-out bore. 2014 has the potential to be the nicest spring for the U.S. east of the Rockies since...well, 2013, actually. It would be funny (and for you tragic?) if South Carolina ends up with more late season snowfall than parts of the Northeast.

Never - this is but the beginning of Laurentian reglaciation, stage two of the Cult of Icy Doom's plan to terraform the Earth to suit our life form .

We see enough of that in the United States in summer - adding on spring and autumn to skin-showing season really makes it wear out its welcome. I myself would go so far as to say that even summer alone is too long a time to endure the sight of skimpy clothing on the general population, but I'm feeling generous today.
I notice it started here today. More cherry blossoms.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Talking about stronger sunlight in cold Marches activating the trees despite the winter-like temperatures, I remember when I was living in London last year seeing the cherry blossoms coming out in the last week in March even though that March just got colder as it went on (it was the coldest late March in something like 200 years, and the last third of March 2013 was quite a lot colder than any week they'll have had down there this past winter), so it can only have been the stronger light that made them think it was spring.
The leaves didn't come to May here last year. Very very late.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
we are certainly not crammed, we are WAY to spread out. what we need is a proper mass transit system then the S.FL metro area can see it's population increase by 3% each year until we hit 20 million
True make the everglades more useful.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
52 degrees at both Chi airports right now. Clear skies

Look out next week

Pacific forcing continues to dictate the pattern o/the U.S., favoring for more frequent cold air mass intrusions

Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 PM

29,535 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Interesting, long range models keep us cool through May, but then heat us up during the summer..

Quote:
Possible Clues Into the Summer
March 17, 2014; 3:06 PM

As I mentioned in the previous blog, I wanted to show you what the general long-range computer model forecast consensus indicates in terms of weather patterns each month through August.
A few things to keep in mind.....
1. My interpretation is strictly based on the latest combined multi-model ensemble forecast system (National/International), which is still experimental but has shown increased skill over individual models. These are not AccuWeather. com forecasts.
2. Model skill declines steadily beyond April, so do not take these as gospel. Model skill is usually higher with temperature compared to precipitation.
3. Due to a lack of signal (neutral ENSO for instance), these forecasts are heavily influenced by current conditions such as ocean water temperatures and ice coverage. The forecast for cooler temperatures around the Great Lakes in May is likely a reflection of the much higher-than-normal ice cover, which may lead to colder-than-normal waters in April/May, which has a localized cooling influence.
3b. Also, when there is a lack of signal I have noticed that the model ensemble tends to lean much more toward warmer anomalies versus cooler anomalies. Part of this may be due to the fact that the Canadian normals are still too low and need to be adjusted upward due to longer term climate change.
4. There continue to be growing signs that we are headed for overdue El Nino conditions in the equatorial Pacific, perhaps as early as the summer, though I lean more toward the early fall. If El Nino does return, we could start to see some impacts perhaps as early as this winter in the northern U.S. and Canada. With an El Nino, the good news is that the extended long-range models will have a stronger climate signal to latch onto, which could lead to improved forecast skill next winter and the following spring.
5. There appears to be solid consensus for a stronger-than-normal monsoon in the southern U.S. Rockies this summer.
6. Models are also projecting drier-than-normal conditions (less tropical storms/hurricanes) in the tropical breeding grounds of the Atlantic late this summer and into the fall, which may be a reflection of cooler waters, dry air and the start of El Nino.
7. Areas that are not shaded in the maps below either indicate near-normal temperatures/precipitation or are an indication of high uncertainty.

Projected average pattern for April

May

June

July

August

Possible Clues Into the Summer - Canadian Weather Blog Weather Blog

Old 03-18-2014, 10:30 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post

Most definitely crammed into that tiny bit of land between the Everglades and the ocean. I think Miami itself is about 10 miles wide before you start hitting swamp, lol. Your area is one big condo block, concrete jungle jammed pack with people, at least in winter. You can hardly move. Proof yet again that the only really decently warm winter playground in the Continental US is at the very bottom of Florida.

I'll bet that Europe has more USDA zone 10 areas than the USA. Pathetic given our latitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather