Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 AM

592 posts, read 461,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Here's a look at the departure from normal for the last 4 years for the period of September, October, November.

I hope 2011 doesnt happen again.

Current Climate Summary Maps - Powered by ACIS - High Plains Regional Climate Center
2011 was an all-around interesting fall around here, mainly because October in particular was so mild up until the October 29th snowstorm. In fact, in my neck of the woods, our very first sub-32 reading of the fall was recorded during that snowfall! Talk about lack of transition! The coldest low before the snowstorm was like 37 degrees. But, even more interestingly, after that snowfall we ended up having a super mild winter anyway. Go figure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Global warming doesn't mean a uniform warming in all places. While the average is going up, especially in polar regions, different places are affected differently. Maybe that's why it's usually called "climate change" instead. More than anything, it's a change of patterns and an increase in extreme events.
Yeah I know this but I don't want to say "we will get snow" and then we don't again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Me too. I love the mountains and forests you see in the Appalachians, including Northern New England. And of course, I love the climate. What I don't get, on the other hand, is how people can live big cities. Or by major highways, or train tracks, or airports.
I wish I lived in the countryside surrounded by untouched wilderness. I don't get how people who don't like stuff like that.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Not too soon for this song, I hope?
Oh, this is depressing. Summer has just begun here and now this thread already.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:52 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Oh, this is depressing. Summer has just begun here and now this thread already.
I am feeling quite depressed.. on another British forum, people are counting down to Autumn, it is 40 days away but the way they go on about it makes it seem closer than it is

Luckily September is usually like summer, but the shorter days are still depressing. How anybody in this country can look forward to Autumn is beyond me.. just a decay into what will eventually be chilly, windy, wet 11C weather in November

Old 07-21-2014, 02:57 PM

Late summer and late winter are the most depressing times of the year weather-wise for me. At least I always kinda enjoy the first 15°C+ day in Feb-Mar, but that October-like 14.6°C day last August was awful. At least it went upto 33°C in September.

I understand how one can enjoy November weather. I like the chilly daytime temps, overcast skies and dwindling daylight. But I certainly don't look forward to it in mid-July. Too early to think about it.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Late summer and late winter are the most depressing times of the year weather-wise for me. At least I always kinda enjoy the first 15°C+ day in Feb-Mar, but that October-like 14.6°C day last August was awful. At least it went upto 33°C in September.

I understand how one can enjoy November weather. I like the chilly daytime temps, overcast skies and dwindling daylight. But I certainly don't look forward to it in mid-July. Too early to think about it.
Hmm I just never understand because 9C-12C is just a nothing temperature really, not really that cold, but also not warm either. It should either be warmer or colder!

But I guess for people who like cold weather in winter, it is a taster of what is to come!

Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Plus you get the first chilly days in November (say high below 5°C). That's nothing but it feels colder at the beginning of the cool season.

I prefer below average Novembers. Something like this would be nice:
Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de Orly (91)

Unlike the following year:
Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de Orly (91)

Old 07-21-2014, 03:30 PM

It definitely does, the first sub 10C day always gets me!

I think my hate of November comes from months such as these.. cool, very cloudy and lots of drizzle

[url=http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie/villes.php?code=3772&mois=11&annee=2008]Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de London (UK)[/url]

I would be happy with a 2006 November again, though

[url=http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie/villes.php?code=3772&mois=11&annee=2006]Meteociel - Climatologie mensuelle de London (UK)[/url]

Old 07-21-2014, 04:49 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Hey, Autumn is 2 months - 60 days - away. Enjoy the rest of summer.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:55 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,564,065 times
Quote:

Most depressing time would be late fall for me. More specifically, the whole period from the moment we revert to standard time until Christmas. Boke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather