Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate the climate
A 2 7.69%
B 6 23.08%
C 2 7.69%
D 5 19.23%
E 8 30.77%
F 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:06 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times

Advertisements

D+ for me. Terrible climate.

Well actually, temperatures are fine, but I like rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 11:24 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,803,246 times
E-

waaay too dry and way too warm. chilly nights in winter saves it from F.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:35 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeimglowinginthedark View Post
The lows in Arequipa seem low to me, how did you say there is no need for heating there?
Well I don't have any heat and don't use it but I like it cool when I sleep. Some of the locals here use space heaters and bundle up when it's just comfortable to me. BTW, they don't have humidity or wind to speak of in Arequipa.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:34 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,697,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Fair. But it's not the same... I prefer to walk through the beautiful green fields and hills of England, with a pub called "The Red Lion" where you can stop of for a beer or country wine. Depends what time of the year your strolling, in winter a warm ale is nice, spring is good for the country wines and so summer, on a hot summers day a nice refreshing cold larger (beer), and Autumn returning back to the summer wines and then warm beer! The historical castles, mansions and meadows... All this is something you can't replicate in the back of a garden house in the middle of a desert. For I would dream of England's green an pleasant land... (I'm saying this with this song in mind
Jerusalem, the Anthem, with simultaneous lyrics - YouTube...
Soz just got really patriotic since Scotland's decided to stay with the UK... )

But no seriously, the back green garden is not the same as natural country! What happens if there was a world disaster and there was no way of getting water to the desert towns... I'd personally rather life on the coast of Queensland, Australia as it's warm all year round and rain is plentiful on the coasts, and they still have pubs (gotta right, it's Australia?!)! But there we go, you'd obviously rather be in a desert where you can't run around or walk on beauty, then that's up to you bud
True... as I said I'd only want to live in a place like Nazca as long as I had uninterrupted access to ground water. .. I would definitely choose Nazca over anywhere in the UK despite the greenery as the sunny warm winter days of 25C would allow me to sit back and relax with a cold beer in hand
Besides, the desert is very beautiful in its own way I think

Old 09-20-2014, 03:31 PM

233 posts, read 333,399 times
Quote:
4mm of rain... This climate could kill you through dehydration! It's an F for me! (I only give F's to deadly climates)
Though temps do look good (was considering giving it an E... But steady rain is very important for a Climate! As we need to live, and I like greenery!)...
This!

Old 09-20-2014, 04:43 PM

963 posts, read 855,109 times
Quote:
Err... No thanks! How can one grow stuff?!
Two rivers flow through the city (both are ephemeral though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
True... as I said I'd only want to live in a place like Nazca as long as I had uninterrupted access to ground water. .. I would definitely choose Nazca over anywhere in the UK despite the greenery as the sunny warm winter days of 25C would allow me to sit back and relax with a cold beer in hand
Besides, the desert is very beautiful in its own way I think
I completely agree with you

Old 09-21-2014, 06:30 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,557,272 times
F-

I really like rain and moisture. Decent temperatures though.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:45 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,995,173 times
B, too hot overall to be quite in the mild desert variety, but year round minimums are very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather