Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 06:28 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Why aren't the people in Germany standing up to Merkel and protesting having all these people flooding their country? What right does she have to dictate to other countries that they have to accept their "share" of these so-called refugees?

If any nation needs Trump to be their leader right now, it's Germany.
I think it's practically illegal in Germany to oppose it, or you're a 'racist' and could be put in prison.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:38 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I think it's practically illegal in Germany to oppose it, or you're a 'racist' and could be put in prison.
I tell you what, Trump is looking really good right now. The thought of all those "refugees" streaming into this country, ISIS members and all, is really scaring me.

They should just direct them all to a place where they can be safe, and *we* can be safe - like Madagascar.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I tell you what, Trump is looking really good right now. The thought of all those "refugees" streaming into this country, ISIS members and all, is really scaring me.

They should just direct them all to a place where they can be safe, and *we* can be safe - like Madagascar.
Or, say, Saudi Arabia? There are very many who are economic migrants. They're selling fake Syrian passports in places like Lebanon - look it up.

Trump has said that if wins, they're going home. I agree - just another reason to like Trump.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:46 AM

https://www.rt.com/news/316570-eu-fa...rian-refugees/

Old 11-15-2015, 07:18 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
No, the idea that immigration can be bad for immigrants and their descendants, too, is probably not one you were prepared to act outraged over, so of course you skipped over that part.
Because your reasons behind the idea don't make any sense from my perspective; you have values that aren't mine at all (and probably not FlamingGalah's part). It's hard to even respond to that idea if you can't relate to the outrage. I'm not saying you're wrong (or right).

Old 11-15-2015, 07:23 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why must everything be a joke and a show? Incredible. Sounds like an debate in the Balkans or some Middle-East craphole, very uncivilised from all parts.
I thought the Democratic debate last night the candidates mostly got good questions and it was well run. The foreign policy answers were on the evasive side. I haven't watched any of the Republican debates, would have watched the CNBC one but I only get basic cable.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Nah, it ain't happening. Ben Carson? No way. Jeb Bush? Why is he even still in the race?
Why is Jeb Bush still in the race? Because he got enormous sum of money in donations so he can keep funding his campagian for a while, and his family name makes him think he should be a good candidate. Good example that you can't buy an election at least.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:30 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,957,243 times
vote bernie sanders for free sh*t

Old 11-15-2015, 07:43 AM

I passed by Bernie Sander's high school when I visited NYC. Picture is very blurry:

Impressive alumni list for a a public (state) school with no admission requirements. Besides three US senators (two current), four nobel prize winners. As well as Judge Judy and a notable mobster... Mother of a good friend of mine went there, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...ooklyn)#Alumni

Old 11-15-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Because your reasons behind the idea don't make any sense from my perspective; you have values that aren't mine at all (and probably not FlamingGalah's part). It's hard to even respond to that idea if you can't relate to the outrage. I'm not saying you're wrong (or right).
I don't know what so hard to understand about it at all, even if--unlike most of the world--you have no regard for you roots. I hate the fact that the language was not passed down to me; instead, I am part of the homogenized, rootless blob that is the American melting pot. So I don't want to hear any bull**** about how I should be grateful for immigration because of my background when I don't even have a positive view of the deracination involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather