Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2016, 09:07 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
I know right! These cretins on the Australian Weather forum have 8 ****ing months of cold, damp overcast drizzly clag to roll around in, with the rest of the year also seeing regular cold fronts, only very short sporadic bursts of heat yet it's still not good enough. And those that enjoy what little heat Melbourne gets are made to feel guilty for liking "bushfire weather". Absolute filthy cretins

In Miami heat lovers should be able to accept the occasional cold what with so much tropical heat there for most of the year. Same thing in reversed.
Just like the people who love cold weather here, are made feel guilty for liking cold weather from people like Sir Goochworthy or tom77 because we're advocating the death of the citrus industry in Florida, something that contributes a whole 2.8% to the total economy of the state. Boo ****ing hoo.

Last edited by nei; 02-04-2016 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 02-04-2016, 10:43 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
^ Reminds me of the people that wish for warmer weather here whenever it gets cool. It's hot here nine hundred days out of the year for ****s sake, can't people enjoy cool weather as a nice change? If it's not a beach day it's a bad day?
Who says a cool day can't be a beach day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
So beware everyone else that has weather boxes in your sandbox, they may be coming for you soon too...
Mine has been "reviewed" but nothing changed.

Quote:
Just like the people who love cold weather here, are made feel guilty for liking cold weather from people like Sir Goochworthy or tom77 because we're advocating the death of the citrus industry in Florida, something that contributes a whole 2.8% to the total economy of the state. Boo ****ing hoo.
Tourism is no laughing matter, though. Remember those stories Tom shared about people who had their vacation ruined by the arctic cold in Florida, and vowed to only visit the Carribean from now on. That's why for five years in a row FL has set a record for highest number of tourists.

If Florida became its own country, its economy would rank 18th in the world.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:57 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,460,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post

Tourism is no laughing matter, though. Remember those stories Tom shared about people who had their vacation ruined by the arctic cold in Florida, and vowed to only visit the Carribean from now on. That's why for five years in a row FL has set a record for highest number of tourists.

Granted I went to the panhandle but it hit 37-38°F. Not my idea of a winter getaway but it was cool to experience sub 40°F temperatures that far south.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Granted I went to the panhandle but it hit 37-38°F. Not my idea of a winter getaway but it was cool to experience sub 40°F temperatures that far south.
No, the panhandle is not a getaway for warmth. It's the one part of the state that has respectable winters.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:

That's my idea of a beach day.

Anyone who gets their vacation "ruined" by arctic cold is a moron anyways. It doesn't take much to look at the forecast before going somewhere. I get so pissed when people are "surprised" by weather, as if we live in the 1600s where we have to tell the weather by looking out the window.....

Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
No, the panhandle is not a getaway for warmth. It's the one part of the state that has respectable winters.
Anyone who goes to the panhandle expecting beach weather in January is a goddamn moron. People seem to think all of Florida has the climate of Miami, not realizing Miami is at the southernmost point of the peninsula.

Hell, even Miami isn't very consistent with "beach weather" in winter.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Anyone who gets their vacation "ruined" by arctic cold is a moron anyways. It doesn't take much to look at the forecast before going somewhere. I get so pissed when people are "surprised" by weather, as if we live in the 1600s where we have to tell the weather by looking out the window.....
If half the point of your vacation is to experience warmth is not stupid. If I visited Florida in the winter, I'd feel my trip was ruined if I got "arctic cold"; what I'd go? I can get a cold beach at home.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:15 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
You can't compare GDP of a state with GDP of a country. You would have to substract all non-Florida based companies, as an independent state it would not be anymore a part of the common huge internal market, which is the US.

For example if Walmart would decide that we don't want to have any retail in the nation of Florida, all Walmart-generated GDP would have to be substracted from the Florida GDP. Independent Florida would have create their own chains. And Florida-based companies would perhaps not be interested in the North Dakota market for example.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:16 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times
Yeah I can only imagine the disappointment when people seeking a sun getaway were treated to highs in the upper 40s in Miami in January 2010... time to break out the sunblock

Old 02-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
If half the point of your vacation is to experience warmth is not stupid. If I visited Florida in the winter, I'd feel my trip was ruined if I got "arctic cold"; what I'd go? I can get a cold beach at home.
Yes, but you could have checked the forecast before leaving to Florida. Also, people who come down here like to act like Florida is completely immune to cold weather which it isn't. A simple Google search would eradicate the problem of having your trip "ruined", if people don't want cold, they can always schedule their trip for April, where the chances of getting a cold snap are a lot less likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather