Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 10:41 AM

330 posts, read 228,601 times

Advertisements

Wow!

Old 03-31-2016, 10:47 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
I have no nieces or nephews..

The thought of having a niece of nephew nearly as old or older than me is bizarre.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:59 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I have no nieces or nephews..

The thought of having a niece of nephew nearly as old or older than me is bizarre.
I was the youngest for a long time, but my oldest sister had my nephew when she still lived at home (she wasn't a teenage Mum or anything, she was actually 21 when she had him & engaged) when she went back to work my Mum looked after him & was incredibly close to him. When my sister & her fiance got their own place when my newphew was 18 months old my Mum missed him like crazy & got so broody that she begged my Dad for them to have another baby! My Mum was 40 at the time, which isn't that old for having a baby these days, but then she was seen as very old to be having a baby... I was still in middle school when my sister got pregnant so I became an uncle at quite a young age

Old 03-31-2016, 11:07 AM

If my mum had a baby when she was 40 I would have been mortified.. I would have been 18. That would have been some serious age gap. I'd be more like a parent than a brother.

She never planned to have kids and me and my sister were both accidents so she definitely didn't want anymore.. lol.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:13 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
If my mum had a baby when she was 40 I would have been mortified.. I would have been 18. That would have been some serious age gap. I'd be more like a parent than a brother.

She never planned to have kids and me and my sister were both accidents so she definitely didn't want anymore.. lol.
Yeah my 3 oldest sisters were technically old enough to have been my little sisters mother Me & my next up sister were still at school so while a bit strange the age gap wasn't too bizarre. My nose was point out of joint quite a bit though as I had always been the youngest (& spoilt more)

My Mum had my oldest sister when she was 17 & she kept on popping them out as she loves kids lol...

Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Hitler: Let's make Germany great again!
Bormann: What? I don't understand.
Raeder: Yeah, but we don't have a real navy, we only have 2 battleships, no carriers and 50 U-boats.
Dönitz: Well we make 500 U-boats and then Britain will be on its knees.
von Brauschitch: I'm ready, but really our army is a disaster, not ready at all.
von Manstein: This is insane, we are in a prototype stage and definitely not ready for war.
Göring: Anyone have some morphine? Ok, yeah, but we're ready.
Milch: I think we should focus on long-range bombers...
Udet: Forget it. Tactical bombardment is the key. Oh, we attacked the USSR, I think I'll commit suicide.
Hess: Agl bugl ahg. I learnt to eat with a spoon!
von Ribbentrop: wanna suck my dick?
Speer: We are going down the drain, really.
Göbbels: STOP THIS NONSENSE! WE WANT TOTAL WAR AND MAKE GERMANY GREAT AGAIN!

I'd imagine the dialogue would be the same in the Trump cabinet.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:30 AM

I really don't know what people were thinking years ago having so many kids and so early. The thought of having several kids now terrifies me. I am not ready for that responsibility and I don't want it anyway. I don't think i'm mature enough.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I was the youngest for a long time, but my oldest sister had my nephew when she still lived at home (she wasn't a teenage Mum or anything, she was actually 21 when she had him & engaged) when she went back to work my Mum looked after him & was incredibly close to him. When my sister & her fiance got their own place when my newphew was 18 months old my Mum missed him like crazy & got so broody that she begged my Dad for them to have another baby! My Mum was 40 at the time, which isn't that old for having a baby these days, but then she was seen as very old to be having a baby... I was still in middle school when my sister got pregnant so I became an uncle at quite a young age
21 is still very young.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah my 3 oldest sisters were technically old enough to have been my little sisters mother Me & my next up sister were still at school so while a bit strange the age gap wasn't too bizarre. My nose was point out of joint quite a bit though as I had always been the youngest (& spoilt more)

My Mum had my oldest sister when she was 17 & she kept on popping them out as she loves kids lol...
My mum had my sister when she was a teenager.. just. She had her in November 1985, 1 month before she turned 20. She had me 4 months before she turned 22.

My grandmother OTOH had her first child at 19 and had 5 more children before the age of 27 - after getting married at age 18.. baby making machine.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Is your family religious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather