Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 09:00 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Cowboy culture is just influenced by Northern Mexican culture, not Latin. The closest thing you'll find to cowboys in South America would be the Argentinean and Uruguayan gauchos, aside from that each latin country is very distinct. Many places in Latin America are influenced by indigenous culture, and with a fusion of Italian, African, German, and even East Asian cultures as well

Old 07-21-2016, 03:54 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most of the Ricans that moved to the mainland identify with hiphop culture because they are in very close proximity to African-Americans. You're pretty much correct in that Ricans from PR and the mainland are significantly different. To the point where my Hispanic friends in high school consisted of exchange students from Mexico and Peru, not Puerto Ricans from PA, NJ, or NY. One of my teachers said to my in private, his mainlander Puerto Rican students are vastly different from me and the other Ricans from PR. Us from PR were better behaved, weren't "ghetto", etc. Most of the Ricans in the States came from the impoverished countryside in the 1940s and 1950s and they did not act like the Ricans here do now, because they didn't grow up around African-American hood culture. Can pretty much guarantee you that if the Ricans in the 50s moved to the suburbs and not the city, they would have adopted white culture like I have. The ones nowadays that grow up in the suburbs do adopt white culture. Too many people forget about them and just concentrate on the ones you see in the Puerto Rican Day Parade in NYC (Tom...)
Yeah, the puertorriqueños in Puerto Rico seemed, naturally, far more Latin American in culture and mentality, which is great because I like that culture.

In the mainland, it's just a different mentality. Like this one Puerto Rican co-worker from the warehouse I worked at last summer. Always listening to rap and loud enough for me to hear, really obnoxious, and seemed like every other word out of her mouth was the f word.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10
some of the best music in the world. I hope nashville , miami, houston incorporates more latin american music in the music industry and american culture and gets rid of rap and all this indie rock crap and pop country which is crap, so much amazing fishing and food and fruit and wildlife and vegetation in latin america and the caribbean as well as the south. as a redneck that loves horses and sailing all of our cowboy culture comes from latin america. maybe alot of crime and communism in latin america and the caribbean now but alot of reactionary and right wing military culture which I love .
I like a lot of modern country. But some of it us absolute garbage. Like Florida-Georgia line... their garbage litters the airwaves of the only country radio station here (92.5 fm, xtu). I change the station every time.

But yeah.. I hate rap.

And I hate communism. By that I don't mean forms of welfare statism that some American conservatives erroneously call communism, but actual ideology like leninism, stalinism. **** all that. In Ukraine, a lot of lenin statues have been torn down recently. I love that! Tear them all down and smash them to ****ing pieces. Also happy to say the communist party in Ukraine was recently banned, which is great because there shouldn't be one in Ukraine.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:35 AM

**** that piece of **** trump.

Last edited by snj90; 07-21-2016 at 09:10 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 04:51 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
It's really hot outside. Oh well, six months from today there will be a blizzard or sub zero wind chill and or temps here.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:27 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,176,477 times
Why did they delete my "Strereotypical Miami" thread? Yes, it was one over the cap but it fit right into the week's theme and I put in a lot of effort customizing that climate.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:27 AM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Why did they delete my "Strereotypical Miami" thread? Yes, it was one over the cap but it fit right into the week's theme and I put in a lot of effort customizing that climate.
You answered your own question there...

Old 07-22-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Cowboy culture is just influenced by Northern Mexican culture, not Latin. The closest thing you'll find to cowboys in South America would be the Argentinean and Uruguayan gauchos, aside from that each latin country is very distinct. Many places in Latin America are influenced by indigenous culture, and with a fusion of Italian, African, German, and even East Asian cultures as well
Yeah, cowboy culture is far from an exclusively Anglo thing.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:18 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,685,687 times
There has been a shooting in the Munich Olympia Einkaufszentrum. (Mall)

Munich shooting: Death reported in shopping centre - BBC News

Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 PM

September 7, 2015: Refugee crisis: Munich's citizens welcome refugees with open arms | Europe | News | The Independent

July 22, 2016: 'Boom boom boom - he's killing the kids': Gunman shouting 'Allahu Akbar' executed children in Munich McDonald's before rampaging through mall killing NINE with police now hunting three attackers | Daily Mail Online

It's sad, but a lesson needs to be learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather