Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 07:16 AM

171 posts, read 133,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Nobody actually wants to be single, surely?
I do. I'm not a people person, I don't want to live to appease others, I don't want to have to be involved in stupid drama and tiptoe around other peoples sensitivities, have to do what others say and be a slave to other's demands and wishes, I just want to do what I want my way and hang out with mates. I don't like children, I can't do all the cutesy baby/kid talk crap and what not, nor can I relate to kids, nor do I want to do go out of my way for the kids every waking hour of every day.

Kudos to you, but it's not for me. At least you are mature about. Dunno is pissed off because he wants what you have but can't because he likes to bum dudes.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:22 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
I do. I'm not a people person, I don't want to live to appease others, I don't want to have to be involved in stupid drama and tiptoe around other peoples sensitivities, have to do what others say and be a slave to other's demands and wishes, I just want to do what I want my way and hang out with mates. I don't like children, I can't do all the cutesy baby/kid talk crap and what not, nor can I relate to kids, nor do I want to do go out of my way for the kids every waking hour of every day.

Kudos to you, but it's not for me. At least you are mature about. Dunno is pissed off because he wants what you have but can't because he likes to bum dudes.
So presumably you're not looking forward to the day when Dean's daughter grows up to take drugs or sleep around? Only reserve such pleasantries for your Facebook friends?

There are a lot of things in life I want, but kids has never been one of them, but that's mostly because I don't really know how to deal with them. I think I'd be a bad father, lol. You have to talk to them like a dog, and yeah I hate baby talk and feel stupid for doing it.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I used to swear when I was a kid, but I didn't even know what they meant, I just heard other people saying them, lol.

Saying that - my neighbour has a 5 year old daughter and I'm pretty sure she told her mum to **** off because she heard someone else say it. I found it hilarious. She might have learnt it from me because I swear a lot (oops). Kids will just repeat what they hear adults say, nine times out of ten they don't even know what it means. That's why people upload videos of their kids swearing - it's just innocent.
And that's why parents like this end up with dickhole kids. "Oohhh it's so cute and funny" and it ends up being "cute and funny" right through the preteen years, then suddenly, they are saying it to your face every time you dare set a boundary or rule because you did not nip it in the bud because it was "cute and funny". Then they go out and do what they want, do drugs, sleep around, because there are no consequences.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
And that's why parents like this end up with dickhole kids. "Oohhh it's so cute and funny" and it ends up being "cute and funny" right through the preteen years, then suddenly, they are saying it to your face every time you dare set a boundary or rule because you did not nip it in the bud because it was "cute and funny". Then they go out and do what they want, do drugs, sleep around, because there are no consequences.
But like Dean says, what a kid says at 2 has no bearing on the future. A 2 year old kid won't even know what it means. I definitely doubt they'll grow up to be some sort of teenage horror. It's usually the ones you least expect that end up going down that route. I mean, Dean grew up in a bad area with a bad father but grew up to be a good guy with a wife, 2 kids and a nice house in a nice city. Meanwhile you get some people who grew up in rich families but end up in prison, become druggies or whatever else. Look at Lindsay Lohan, what a mess she turned out to be. When she was making movies at age 11 I doubt anyone thought she'd end up in prison or having a face of a 50 year old because she took too many drugs.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:32 AM

How does a 2 year old even learn the F word? Obviously, the parents are already f**king up at some point, yeah, it's funny and cute in facebook nirvana now, but it is not a good indicator of the future. Either they are hearing it from the parents or from age-inappropriate TV shows. Not going to be so funny when the kid grows up to learn this kind of language is acceptable and starts using it against the parents....

Old 10-21-2016, 07:44 AM

From other people maybe, not necessarily their parents, and even then, a parent might swear without realising their child is nearby.

I just don't think swear words are a big deal. Even refined people swear from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Lol, I find it funny when kids swear accidentally. Apparently when I was about 3, I came running in the house and said "there's a ****ing massive spider on the slide" LOL!

Have you seen the 'monkey on the car' video? That's pretty funny.
LOL, I just watched it now.

What about this one?

Old 10-21-2016, 07:46 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,333,827 times
I think the bigger challenge is that parents have to teach their kids not to climb into gorilla enclosures. Or at least take some ****ing responsibility when your kid does that

Old 10-21-2016, 07:47 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,820,219 times
I'm sure that some of the f***ing c***s on this f***ing forum swear often enough.

^^ Or gorilla's escaping in London, then drinking 5 litres of undiluted blackcurrant juice.The big crazy bastard. They should've given him a child to play with.

Anyway, kids will be kids. I ate my sister's s*it when I was younger, so...

Old 10-21-2016, 09:25 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/42488229-post12.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather