Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 06:31 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times

Advertisements

Actually, trump has many questionable business dealings as it is.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:29 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
This forum is super lucky to have nei. Nei thank you for being a great mod, never inciteful, always seeming to balance things out and be in the middle. You don't seem biased, and most of all you don't abuse your power as a mod. The mods in the NC forum are terrible, super terrible, anyone who questions them, or posts opinion that is radical to their own gets their post deleted or banned in some cases as I found out. Almost any post I make in the NC forum that includes my opinion gets deleted, generally the post goes against the majorities opinion including the mod. Just today my post and every post that agreed with mine was deleted. Worst part was our posts were calling out blatant racism and they were still deleted.
Well thanks, trying to flatter the forum mod. I did look through the last NC thread you mentioned, it looked like the mod's decision was reasonable IMO. The poster asked a question, kind of a silly criteria reason to move to a place but either way the posters should either answer the question helpfully or not answer — not turn it into a political debate. A few of the ones deleted (not yours, but others) were rather rude.

Local forums are often moderated stricter than general forums; because they're not for just general debates.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:33 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,411,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Well thanks, trying to flatter the forum mod. I did look through the last NC thread you mentioned, it looked like the mod's decision was reasonable IMO. The poster asked a question, kind of a silly criteria reason to move to a place but either way the posters should either answer the question helpfully or not answer — not turn it into a political debate. A few of the ones deleted (not yours, but others) were rather rude.

Local forums are often moderated stricter than general forums; because they're not for just general debates.
I was arguing against what the poster asked, I called him out saying he was hypocritical for wanting diversity but not including white people. I didn't see all the deleted ones other than my one and the one I responded too. Admittedly yes the NC forum is strictly run, they try to stay on topic as much as possible which i like but then comes a bit of abuse from certain mods. In the end I generally stick to here because it's more open because of a great mod lol.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
I was arguing against what the poster asked, I called him out saying he was hypocritical for wanting diversity but not including white people. I didn't see all the deleted ones other than my one and the one I responded too. Admittedly yes the NC forum is strictly run, they try to stay on topic as much as possible which i like but then comes a bit of abuse from certain mods. In the end I generally stick to here because it's more open because of a great mod lol.
Yea, the mod was trying to keep the thread on answering the OP's question. Didn't read through everything, but think that poster meant White Republicans. Those questions appear on the local forums occasionally, and can devolve into political bickering. In the reverse of that thread, I saw this in the San Francisco asking for a conservative neighborhood; think the OP was trying to troll. My responses

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...l#post39300094

no one responded to the last one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...l#post39660186

Speaking of expensive housing costs and job opportunities, one way to limit housing costs to limit job opportunities:

Silicon Valley Housing Crisis Is Creating Economic Bizarro-Land

San Francisco, San Mateo County and Santa Clara County together added 385,800 jobs between 2010 and the end of 2015, according to the California Employment Development Department. Over the same period, building permits were issued for just 58,324 housing units, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, enough space to hold roughly 150,000 new residents.

well not San Francisco but San Jose

San Jose has taken the rare step of publicly opposing the project, saying it would add far too many jobs, exacerbating the region’s housing shortage.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:47 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
I guess many people will live further away and commute? San Francisco is obscenely expensive, even more so than our most expensive city (London).

Old 08-16-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I guess many people will live further away and commute? San Francisco is obscenely expensive, even more so than our most expensive city (London).
Or overcrowd existing homes (roommates...). Or leave the area entirely to a cheaper city (for tech workers, Austin, Seattle and NYC! are popular places to leave). Eventually the region becomes not worth the cost for many who don't have a tech job.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:08 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Yeah. 'Diversity" is usually a code word for fewer white people.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:38 AM

Diversity isn't about skin colour to me, I just like experiencing different cultures. For example, there's a large Spanish, Greek and Italian community in the UK, they are also white but that doesn't mean they are not part of the diversity, they set up stores and restaurants that sell the food/products of their country. Ditto Polish people, loads of them here - and with them comes the Polski skleps.

Speaking of which, I really like sauerkraut..

Old 08-16-2016, 10:13 AM

more with housing costs...

https://twitter.com/WalkPrinceton/st...79513692069890

Old 08-16-2016, 10:17 AM

New Jersey and New York could send their 'undesirables' to cheaper places. The same happens here - authorities in London have started moving people in social housing to places further afield because it's cheaper to house them elsewhere. They become some other place's problem, and the city can continue on its path to being nothing but rich people and hipsters. Job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather