Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 06:15 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,340,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Where did ya head to?
Only back and forth from one side of the island to the other in heavy traffic. I don't know how truck drivers manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
You drive by yourself or with others?
I was alone for the first trip (and back) and with a dog for the second trip (and back), and on 4 hours of sleep. Never again lol.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:16 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times
Haven't been feeling so hot the last two days. My throat hurts and my body is sore for no reason. Meh.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:19 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,229,581 times
Quote:
I didn't expect Kentucky to be that low. Looks like on dunno's map on the last page, Lexington and Louisville score ok, but the rest of the state is enough to drag the averages down. Impressed how high New Hampshire ranks, part of the southeast is Boston burbs, but otherwise.
Appalachia must really drag it down.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:26 PM

Eastern KY is beautiful country for sure, I remember in July 2007 driving on U.S. 23 down from Portsmouth, OH and then on down through Ashland, Prestonsburg, Pikeville, etc.

It did look extremely depressed though.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,411,272 times
This forum is super lucky to have nei. Nei thank you for being a great mod, never inciteful, always seeming to balance things out and be in the middle. You don't seem biased, and most of all you don't abuse your power as a mod. The mods in the NC forum are terrible, super terrible, anyone who questions them, or posts opinion that is radical to their own gets their post deleted or banned in some cases as I found out. Almost any post I make in the NC forum that includes my opinion gets deleted, generally the post goes against the majorities opinion including the mod. Just today my post and every post that agreed with mine was deleted. Worst part was our posts were calling out blatant racism and they were still deleted.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:40 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Bummer. I imagine places like Lexington and Louisville have more opportunities though.
Definitely. Lexington is a great city all things considered.

Quote:
Looks like on dunno's map on the last page, Lexington and Louisville score ok, but the rest of the state is enough to drag the averages down.
What does that measure? I'm not familiar with the term "Human development".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Only back and forth from one side of the island to the other in heavy traffic. I don't know how truck drivers manage.
Damn, I would never imagine that taking 6 hours.

Quote:
Haven't been feeling so hot the last two days. My throat hurts and my body is sore for no reason. Meh.
Sounds like you could be getting the flu.

Quote:
Eastern KY is beautiful country for sure, I remember in July 2007 driving on U.S. 23 down from Portsmouth, OH and then on down through Ashland, Prestonsburg, Pikeville, etc.

It did look extremely depressed though.
I've gone hiking at Natural Bridge State Park many time, the scenery is beautiful. Definitely not somewhere I'd want to live.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:08 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Definitely. Lexington is a great city all things considered.

What does that measure? I'm not familiar with the term "Human development".

Damn, I would never imagine that taking 6 hours.

I've gone hiking at Natural Bridge State Park many time, the scenery is beautiful. Definitely not somewhere I'd want to live.
I worked with horses as a groom and Lexington is an amazing city, people call it the horse capital of the world and I believe it, and places like london Kentucky where i worked too are amazing. Bluegrass meadow country and tons of gorgeous equestrian events, alot of of magnolias, beech, maple, hickory , eastern white pine and oak and all the bluegrass. gorgeous region, where I worked all the rich dubai/arab owners kept their farms and breeding and tons of rich folks . horses is like sailing and boating in the south , crazy amount of money in this stuff .

Love the bourbon trail, where I grew up in DC there are bourbon and whiskey and cocktail bars , tons of Kentucky history on the menus with the barrels and aging. My mother was an equestrian and moved from england to virginia to ride professionally and was always very defensive about how horse country Virginia was inferior to Kentucky in the horsey world. lol

Old 08-15-2016, 08:59 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I worked with horses as a groom and Lexington is an amazing city, people call it the horse capital of the world and I believe it, and places like london Kentucky where i worked too are amazing. Bluegrass meadow country and tons of gorgeous equestrian events, alot of of magnolias, beech, maple, hickory , eastern white pine and oak and all the bluegrass. gorgeous region, where I worked all the rich dubai/arab owners kept their farms and breeding and tons of rich folks . horses is like sailing and boating in the south , crazy amount of money in this stuff .

Love the bourbon trail, where I grew up in DC there are bourbon and whiskey and cocktail bars , tons of Kentucky history on the menus with the barrels and aging. My mother was an equestrian and moved from england to virginia to ride professionally and was always very defensive about how horse country Virginia was inferior to Kentucky in the horsey world. lol
You lived here? Yep, every year UAE 747s come for horse sales. Tons of money.

Apparently Ocala, FL is another "horse capital of the world". But Lexington is pretty serious about proving it:

Horse Capital of the World: Lexington, Kentucky Visitor Information

Old 08-15-2016, 09:47 PM

Just turned on the Giants game on MLB Network and Jon Miller is narrating. Nice.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post

Actually I took a shower and I feel better now.

And I remember I think I stopped in Pikeville at a gas station, I felt rather uneasy there. And this is coming from someone who's lived in a Miami hood before. Lol.

Although the surrounding scenery was really nice. And it was a rainy, cloudy, foggy day while driving through as well, created a certain ambiance that a sunny day wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather