Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,980,501 times

Advertisements

Transfer university's

Old 03-16-2017, 02:10 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
You're going to be sold from Norwich City to some Northern Ireland side or what?
He rejected a world record move to Real Madrid.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:47 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That chain seems to be dying a slow death here. Burger King too.
Probably because there's better and cheaper food available.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:56 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,819,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Probably because there's better and cheaper food available.
Indeed. Small independent places are far better, cheaper, and usually much healthier.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:32 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
The fried chicken scene in Finland is mostly developed and dominated by Tampere, which automatically means that Turku will oppose it. There's hardly any places here you can get KFC style fried chicken. The two cities have had a fierce rivalry which has been heated recently when Tampere is undoubtedly economically the 2nd city of Finland, while Turku is confident of being culturally the 2nd city, and historically the 1st city.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:37 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,926,183 times
I admit, I know very little about your corner of the world, apart from the Winter War. Clearly the fried chicken war is more important.

Time to get reading!

Old 03-16-2017, 03:49 PM

13,487 posts, read 9,032,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Indeed. Small independent places are far better, cheaper, and usually much healthier.
McDonald's here is so expensive & you don't get a lot, you can go to a restaurant on the seafront & get a Burger & chips, with salad & a soft drink for around 5 Euros. Same with Pizza Hut, a large pizza is like 20 Euros, in a proper restaurant you can get a large pizza for 5/6 Euros!

Old 03-16-2017, 03:52 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I admit, I know very little about your corner of the world, apart from the Winter War. Clearly the fried chicken war is more important.

Time to get reading!
Let me give you the skinny: I'm from Helsinki (the capital), and came to Turku (the original capital) to study at the University here. I've been living here for 7 years now. These two capitals have a rivalry due to their former and current status. Columnists in the largest newspaper here have belittled Helsinki referring to it as a "Eastern Finnish fishing village" (see history of Helsinki).

The main rival of Turku is Tampere, which is sometimes called the Manchester of Finland. It's an industrial city and a noob in the scene (founded in 1779), but is now the second largest urban area. A big point is that both Turku and Helsinki are in the south, while Tampere is in central Finland. This obviously means that the northerners are all hicks.

As Helsinki is like London or Paris, Tampere is the antipode of Helsinki, the voice of the provinces, while Turku hates both.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
McDonald's here is so expensive & you don't get a lot, you can go to a restaurant on the seafront & get a Burger & chips, with salad & a soft drink for around 5 Euros. Same with Pizza Hut, a large pizza is like 20 Euros, in a proper restaurant you can get a large pizza for 5/6 Euros!
I used to like Pizza Hut just for the breadsticks. Their breadsticks are good. But in terms of pizza, the average pizzeria around here makes a much better pizza.

Though I remember having Pizza Hut about five years ago and remember the pizza being better than I thought it was in the past.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:18 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Let me give you the skinny: I'm from Helsinki (the capital), and came to Turku (the original capital) to study at the University here. I've been living here for 7 years now. These two capitals have a rivalry due to their former and current status. Columnists in the largest newspaper here have belittled Helsinki referring to it as a "Eastern Finnish fishing village" (see history of Helsinki).

The main rival of Turku is Tampere, which is sometimes called the Manchester of Finland. It's an industrial city and a noob in the scene (founded in 1779), but is now the second largest urban area. A big point is that both Turku and Helsinki are in the south, while Tampere is in central Finland. This obviously means that the northerners are all hicks.

As Helsinki is like London or Paris, Tampere is the antipode of Helsinki, the voice of the provinces, while Turku hates both.
Sounds like Birmingham and Manchester. Birmingham has traditionally been referred to as the UK's second city, but Manchester seems to have taken its glory these days.

Ultimately it's all irrelevant because London is so far ahead, but it keeps the provincials occupied.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather