Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate the climate: A-F
A 3 7.14%
B 5 11.90%
C 17 40.48%
D 6 14.29%
E 9 21.43%
F 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:43 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
The climate figures clearly disagree with you

Pershore compared with English average:

MAX TEMP
+1.0°C

MIN TEMP
+0.2°C

FROST DAYS

SUNSHINE HOURS
+44.2

RAINFALL
-248.4 MM

RAIN DAYS
I don't really think anyone would notice a difference of 0.6 C compared to average, and 44 more sunshine hours and 1 less frost day. 19 less rain days seems like a lot but when you do it over the whole year, it's really only about 5% less which I doubt anyone would notice. The only significant difference here is the rainfall.

What is it with British posters and splitting hairs over minuscule differences? "This climate has 50 more sunshine hours and is 0.2 C warmer, OMG!!!! This climate is an A while the rest of the country sucks". Is there really such a big amount of insecurity over your climates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 03:46 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I don't really think anyone would notice a difference of 0.6 C compared to average, and 44 more sunshine hours and 1 less frost day. 19 less rain days seems like a lot but when you do it over the whole year, it's really only about 5% less which I doubt anyone would notice. The only significant difference here is the rainfall.

What is it with British posters and splitting hairs over minuscule differences? "This climate has 50 more sunshine hours and is 0.2 C warmer, OMG!!!! This climate is an A while the rest of the country sucks". Is there really such a big amount of insecurity over your climates?
A lot of it just seems to be driven by regional prejudice in all honesty.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:48 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,816 times
Quote:

Pershore looks typical for England as a whole - maybe a bit better ,but not noticable if you spent a month there .

We split hairs because our range isn't massive to start with like the States and Canada

Old 07-23-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
A lot of it just seems to be driven by regional prejudice in all honesty.
Kind of dumb if you ask me. And once again, what's with using weather/climate as a point of pride? Comes across as extremely petty.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:50 PM

1,218 posts, read 686,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Pershore is a C. Looks more like a typical rural SE, East Anglia or central southern location than somewhere in the rainy west.
Yep, its even warmer and drier than the average location in East Anglia. And has the same average temperatures and is drier than England SE & Central S.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
Pershore looks typical for England as a whole - maybe a bit better ,but not noticable if you spent a month there .

We split hairs because our range isn't massive to start with like the States and Canada
How about instead of trying to make your climate seem like something it's not, just admit that the UK is rather uniform climatically and move on with your day? It's really not that serious to be splitting hairs over. I find it incredibly funny that you guys argue over a difference of like 0.3 C and 50 annual sunshine hours, lol.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:54 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
Compare it to somewhere like Kinlochewe in Scotland.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinlochewe

In my view, the two are a world apart, in particular the sunshine hours

Pershore has a decent climate, not too bad in terms of summer temperatures--you don't have the crazy hot temperatures that sometimes plague those of us across the pond.

It does have quite a few more sunlight hours than other locales in England, so if that's what you are into it would be a plus.

Based on the photos and description, it looks like an interesting place to visit.

I would give it a B+.

TBH I like Kinlochewe a bit better since I LOVE cloudy, rainy climates and wish that I could find something this cloudy over here in the US. About the best I've done is the snowbelt in Upstate NY.

Any companies in Kinlochwe want a manufacturing operations manager? I can also do HR...

LOL

Old 07-23-2017, 03:54 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
No doubt this will drag on for 50 pages. All British climate threads happen to do so

Old 07-23-2017, 03:56 PM

1,218 posts, read 686,335 times
Quote:

Yes, well it is all relative. And you admit, there really is quite a big difference in the amount of rain. I gave it an E, if you're wondering, same as most UK locations, but southern England gets a D for extra sunshine and parts of Scotland an F for less sun.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:56 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,816 times
Quote:
Kind of dumb if you ask me. And once again, what's with using weather/climate as a point of pride? Comes across as extremely petty.
there are differences in the UK that you would notice only if you lived here Alex.

South east - arable land , West = Dairy

the types of crops you can grow in the south east = grapes,olives ,figs ,peaches etc . Also don't forget the CIDP's found on the south coast

just a few examples - there are loads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather