Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 02:50 PM

1,218 posts, read 686,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
How convenient
Well the sun is low in the sky then, so the sun recorders probably wouldn't work for the most part
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 02:55 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,933,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
But I instinctively look at the clock and think its only that time. In reality no one does what you say, when the clocks go back everyone goes on about getting that extra hour in bed - that's the hour of daylight you loose. I'd rather have the daylight in the evening where's it's more valued. I don't want my afternoon snack at 4 pm in almost darkness, I want it in bright sunshine like it is now.

Yeah I get what you mean, but your sun rises at 8:16am and that is already very late, what you want your sun to rise at 9 or 10am? I guess it depends on whether a person is a morning person, and evening person or a night owl. You just live to far north to satisfy everyone.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yeah I get what you mean, but your sun rises at 8:16am and that is already very late, what you want your sun to rise at 9 or 10am? I guess it depends on whether a person is a morning person, and evening person or a night owl. You just live to far north to satisfy everyone.
Exactly. It's 9.16 am for me, which never bothers me as I don't wake up till then normally and at 10 am now as I am off for Christmas at the moment.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:09 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,495,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
I agree with wilkinsonj417, time zones are set arbitrarily by a select few people, just look at how wonky the time zone map of the world looks.

All of China operates on one time zone and there is no scientific bases for it.
Yes, they are arbitrary but you can’t just choose your own personal time zone.

When everywhere else in your city operates on the time being 5 PM, you can’t just say ok it’s 2 PM for me. You can change what time you get up or go to sleep or if you’re able to what hours you work, but you can’t just say the actual time is different. There’s a reason for time zones after all and a reason why people in a city/region operate on the same time.

So no, time zone is NOT YOUR OPINION.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:10 PM

269 posts, read 199,952 times
Quote:
Well the sun is low in the sky then, so the sun recorders probably wouldn't work for the most part
You do realise that is not unique to bidford. regardless, Bidford or Pershore or wherever is awfully cloudy year round

Old 12-31-2017, 03:16 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
No, actual totals count more. Blenheim gets less sun than Shanklin in its summer.
Sun is more common in Blenheim though, because common is relative to whatever grouping you're using.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:17 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,602,283 times
Quote:
Enjoy your cloudy winters. Even Invercargill beats Shanklin and similar sites for winter sunshine, by either total or %. I have a family member living on the south coast of the UK who has no trouble assessing the difference from NZ, especially in winter.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
You do realise that is not unique to bidford. regardless, Bidford or Pershore or wherever is awfully cloudy year round
Rubbish, as there is more than 6 hours of sun per day in the summer months. You should speak to people here, my family agree with me that it is ALOT nicer in the summer than winter. It's so much easier to get up in the morning and it's lovely to sit outside on warm summer evenings.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:19 PM

269 posts, read 199,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Sun is more common in Blenheim though, because common is relative to whatever grouping you're using.
Don't even bother arguing with him, he clearly doesn't undertsand. Blenheim is 500+ hours sunnier then Shanklin and that's all I need to know.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Enjoy your cloudy winters. Even Invercargill beats Shanklin and similar sites for winter sunshine, by either total or %. I have a family member living on the south coast of the UK who has no trouble assessing the difference from NZ, especially in winter.
LOL Campbell Island at the same latitude as the North Midlands gets 29.2 hours of sun in its dullest month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather