Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 January 2018 View Post
In that case then, Nice doesn't really have pleasant winters. And San Francisco for that matter, which I vehemently disagree with. I can only recall a few winter mornings that would meet that classification in the UK.
I would think Nice would be an easy place to enjoy a cup of tea in the sun, during a typical winter day -it's warmer and sunnier than my winter, and it's easy enough to do here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 11:16 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 January 2018 View Post
Nice is warmer, but not as sunny. A January day in Nice is colder than an April day where I live in the UK - certainly not short sleeves weather.
That shows the difference right there - too cold in mid spring for short sleeves, while Nice is warm enough in winter.

That's the difference between pleasant and not pleasant.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:51 AM

1,218 posts, read 686,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
That shows the difference right there - too cold in mid spring for short sleeves, while Nice is warm enough in winter.

That's the difference between pleasant and not pleasant.
Not sure if I'd really describe Nice as having pleasant winters - for me it doesn't really have enough sunshine in November/December. Also, its summers are too hot.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
Much as I don't like the cold wind and rain we get in winter the UK climate is anything but dull and uninteresting from a weather recording perspective. It's very changeable and often totally different in any month from one year to the next. Its variation makes it really interesting to me. It's what keeps motivating me to do my weather records which are in their 10th year now.

Its easy for someone to look at a Wikipedia climate box and think it looks boring but it's only showing monthly averages and not the day to day variation and changes in weather patterns. Boring looking climate but interesting weather. I like how any kind of weather can happen, even if it's not as extreme when it does.

I think Mediterranean and desert climates are by far the most boring on earth, and most of Australia's. While I find UK summers too cool for my liking, their range of weather and temperatures make them very interesting for weather watching, rather than having 90 days of endless blue sky and boring weather in some med paradise.
I think Mediterranean climates can be boring, but most don't get 90 days of endless blue sky. I went on holiday to Kefalonia in August 2014 and whilst there were days with no clouds at all there were also cloudy days and even light drizzle on one day

Old 01-06-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Easy to deal with yes but not necessarily pleasant. Los Angeles, San Diego, Malaga, Nice are examples of pleasant climates
I would disagree, as the examples you have given get too hot. I'd go more with San Francisco, Santa Monica, Walvis Bay, Calama.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500 USD Winner View Post
I would disagree with your existence. You plant murderer.
You're a plant murderer too, as it takes 10 lb of plant matter to produce 1lb of animal flesh, so if you care about 'plant rights' so much, you should be vegan by default.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian Fried Whales View Post
And neither do animals.
You don't have feelings then, because you are an animal?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Perhaps that's because I'm not a bloody deer? Men are far more clever than beasts, and don't you forget that!
They still have the same capacity to feel pain. You are more intelligent than a human baby so does that mean you can kill the baby, or that they don't feel pain?

Old 01-06-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
A dog is useful; a fox is NOT. Remember this to the end of your days!

Nasty vulpines slaughtering me livestock by the score, the bastards...I'd blow all the ugly buggers to ashes if I could, the lot of them!!
Fox hunting has no scientific basis

Old 01-06-2018, 07:06 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonj417 View Post
Not sure if I'd really describe Nice as having pleasant winters - for me it doesn't really have enough sunshine in November/December. Also, its summers are too hot.
Far more pleasant than anywhere in the UK. Nice can get nice warm sunny days in winter, sunny days during the winter in the UK usually mean cold weather, the mildest weather comes with gale force winds & rain.

And summers in Nice are very pleasant too & not that hot at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather