Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 09:32 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
At least your location isn’t at risk of becoming subarctic, unlike much or all of the Midwest
Yeah, way too far south in latitude for my liking, at least I have a higher elevation well above the Ohio Valley at close to 900 ft. I much prefer the Northwoods any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 09:35 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
What happen to my wonderful forecast? A few days ago, it was showing us having mid 70's for highs and mid 50's for lows (starting Wednesday), now it's mid to upper 80's for highs and 60's for lows. Are they guessing?
Low latitude areas still warm up quite substantially in early September regardless due to the very strong sun angle. Your elevation above 2,000ft is a good advantage, though. Even where I'm at is a solid 5 degrees cooler most of the time at nearly 900ft elevation compared to the river areas/urban locations at a little over 400ft elevation.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:17 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,970,984 times
We're basically supposed to have highs in the 90s for the next week in Central Oklahoma. But I'm used to summer heat now, so it doesn't really bother me.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:25 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
We're basically supposed to have highs in the 90s for the next week in Central Oklahoma. But I'm used to summer heat now, so it doesn't really bother me.
Can we trade places then, we really haven’t had much of a summer season at all here in soon to be subarctic Indianapolis Indiana. I would kill to have a whole week of 90 + temperatures, as Indianapolis hasn’t been able to sport any sustained warmth to save Hoosiers’ lives

Old 09-03-2019, 03:07 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,970,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Can we trade places then, we really haven’t had much of a summer season at all here in soon to be subarctic Indianapolis Indiana. I would kill to have a whole week of 90 + temperatures, as Indianapolis hasn’t been able to sport any sustained warmth to save Hoosiers’ lives
I mean we could, but weren't you in Fort Worth for two months? I imagine it was even hotter there than in Oklahoma.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:12 PM

3,189 posts, read 1,278,774 times
Göle had a low of 0.9°C today, which was the lowest temperature recorded in Turkey today while Cizre had a high of 39.9°C, which was the highest temperature recorded in Turkey today.

Coldest lows in Turkey today:

Hottest highs in Turkey today:

Old 09-03-2019, 04:03 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Sorry for lack of posts guys. Been busy with life and Dorian.

It's been awesome here past 10 days really. Seems like pattern changed we're not getting much rain lately. Lots of sun but no heat. Drier air. Feels nice.

Looks like a couple cool days coming up too. Might get some clouds from Dorian on Friday

Old 09-03-2019, 04:46 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
So... funny little story involving last night's weather... ahem!

Yesterday was the last day of the state fair so I went with my partner and two of his friends. Beautiful day. Partly cloudy, high 70s. In the early evening, he proposed to me... and of course I said yes! He gave me this beautiful ring, but he overestimated how "thick" my fingers are (they're really skinny) and got me a ring a size to big, so it slipped out easily. No big deal, he can exchange it. In the end of the day, the engagement matters more than anything. But since it fit his finger fine, he put it on his for the night, but on his index finger as he had his own on his ring finger. Anyway, by night time, the sky was cloudy and ominous, and lightning flashed in the distance. We knew a storm was a comin'.

The rain started on the highway in Minneapolis. By the time we got home it was POURING. On our walk to our apartment, we heard a pling and bloop! The ring had slipped off his finger! The street we were walking down slopes down, and a rush of water was running down to the storm drain at the bottom. I panicked and said "It went down the storm drain!" He tried calming me down, saying that the "current wasn't strong enough." and the ring was "too heavy." I told him that no, it's DEFINITELY strong enough! He used his phone to shine a light on the street and checked behind the tires of the parked cars, hoping it was lodged in there. My anxiety was running high and I walked down and looked hopelessly at the storm drain, water rushing in.

I ran back up to him, tears building up in my eyes, scolding him and saying he shoulda put it in his pocket. Now at this point, he himself was convinced that ring was a goner... it was at that moment that he miraculously found it in a puddle in the grass! The relief was very much welcome. And that's how an unexpected storm, almost ruined an otherwise perfect day! Boy... I'm gonna have a lot of fun retelling this on our wedding night lol.

P.S. I dared him to test his "hypothesis." After we found the ring I said to him, "Don't believe me about the current? Put your hand down to block the flow, and put the ring in front of it and see how strong the current was." Of course, I was right lol.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:43 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
So... funny little story involving last night's weather... ahem!

Yesterday was the last day of the state fair so I went with my partner and two of his friends. Beautiful day. Partly cloudy, high 70s. In the early evening, he proposed to me... and of course I said yes! He gave me this beautiful ring, but he overestimated how "thick" my fingers are (they're really skinny) and got me a ring a size to big, so it slipped out easily. No big deal, he can exchange it. In the end of the day, the engagement matters more than anything. But since it fit his finger fine, he put it on his for the night, but on his index finger as he had his own on his ring finger. Anyway, by night time, the sky was cloudy and ominous, and lightning flashed in the distance. We knew a storm was a comin'.

The rain started on the highway in Minneapolis. By the time we got home it was POURING. On our walk to our apartment, we heard a pling and bloop! The ring had slipped off his finger! The street we were walking down slopes down, and a rush of water was running down to the storm drain at the bottom. I panicked and said "It went down the storm drain!" He tried calming me down, saying that the "current wasn't strong enough." and the ring was "too heavy." I told him that no, it's DEFINITELY strong enough! He used his phone to shine a light on the street and checked behind the tires of the parked cars, hoping it was lodged in there. My anxiety was running high and I walked down and looked hopelessly at the storm drain, water rushing in.

I ran back up to him, tears building up in my eyes, scolding him and saying he shoulda put it in his pocket. Now at this point, he himself was convinced that ring was a goner... it was at that moment that he miraculously found it in a puddle in the grass! The relief was very much welcome. And that's how an unexpected storm, almost ruined an otherwise perfect day! Boy... I'm gonna have a lot of fun retelling this on our wedding night lol.

P.S. I dared him to test his "hypothesis." After we found the ring I said to him, "Don't believe me about the current? Put your hand down to block the flow, and put the ring in front of it and see how strong the current was." Of course, I was right lol.
Lol what a crazy story. Congratulations!

Old 09-03-2019, 08:13 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,779 times
Congrats Badger! Great story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather