Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
In Mcdonalds here its healthy and full of old people.

In America its pure ****e and fatty.

"McDonald's here is healthy" lol...

Old 03-10-2014, 11:08 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
My McDonald's is better than your McDonald's

Old 03-10-2014, 11:11 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
No its not you don't live here so you don't know. Your american.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:36 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Just had more McChickens for lunch

Old 03-10-2014, 12:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
No its not you don't live here so you don't know. Your american.
I have to say, seeing as I have experience in both countries, the burgers that we both have do taste the same. There are only a few things that you have that we don't (I forgot what those were), but it tastes the same. Except the fries, you don't put salt in yours (tastes better that way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Who would buy McDonald's at those prices?!
Norwegians lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
Same story here. Minimum wage is just under $16 an hour for an adult. When you say "small burger" do you mean the cheese burger, chicken n mayo etc?

Here we have a "loose change menu", where a Mcdouble (basically a double cheeseburger minus 1 slice of cheese), and a chicken n Mayo is $2, small fries $1, and a Double beef and bacon $3.

But then again, every burger at Mcdonalds is small. Look at the Big Mac, the Quarter Pounder, the McChicken, bloody cheeseburger sized buns with the patty hanging over the edge. They want $5 and over for this ****

Recently they introduced something called the "Amore" menu, which is good (but I'm sure it's limited time), You can get a regular meal + 2 sides of your choice (including a cheese burger, chicken nuggets, soft serve cone, small fries, salad) etc for $9.95. In other words, you can have a Big Mac, a cheeseburger, regular fries, regular drink and chicken nuggets for example for $9.95. That's pretty good in my book.

Right now I stack shelves at a department store and earn just a scratch under $20/hour.... so I guess I shouldn't complain. I have my own car, have a lot of expensive astronomy gear, pay my own rego and car service, fuel, go halfies with my folks with the bills and cover their internet and phone bills and still find cash to indulge in beer and good food, all from working just 15 hours a week. I need a new job!
You know what sucks the most? My local Chinese restaurant offers lunch at the same price as a more expensive combo meal at McD's. I'll take the Chinese lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Surely they have a loose change menu in Norway?
I have no idea. My wife hasn't asked her Norwegian friend yet. Maybe cmp can fill us in if he comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
Holy ****, please tell me you're joking God, and I thought paying upwards of $8 for a regular meal was bad

Fast food here is generally obscenely prices IMO (then again, what isn't). At Hungry Jacks (BK franchise), a small meal is now over $8 At KFC a 3 piece meal is something like $11, a 5 piece chicken pack is $12 (and you'll end up with tiny ass wings if you don't say 'no wings') Individual burgers under $5 are now a dying breed. A KFC Zinger (which is the size of your palm) is $5.45, and anything bigger is well over $6.

Some of the smaller cafes are outragous. There's one next to my work that charges prices like $7.50 for a small roll, $4 for a donut and **** like that. Yet, everytime I walk by, their seating area is more than half full

Don't even get me started on the prices of beer and spirits. Want to buy a house? Forget it.

If you earn under $50,000 a year in this country, you're ****ed. You'll be renting a crap apartment 50km from the city center in a crap suburb just to be afford to eat anything.
I'm not lol. My wife has a penpal in Norway that she's meeting in May, and she told her that McDonald's meals cost around A$16. Apprently a lot of food is imported into Norway, so a lot of people outside Oslo hunt, gather, and garden their food because buying from the store is outrageously expensive.

Good God. That's so expensive!

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Have a look at that. Put it this way between Bergen, NO and Melbourne; you need A$7880 to live a similar lifestyle to Melbourne's A$6118. Picked Bergen as it is the 2nd largest city in Norway. Look how expensive a lot of things are makes Australia seem affordable by comparison lol

But, I think Australia has everyone beat on real estate prices. how the hell can people afford to live there??? I hope the real estate market starts to deflate over there, that's so ridiculous. Australia's gotta have the most overheated property market in the whole world.

Last edited by Yac; 03-11-2014 at 07:59 AM..

Old 03-10-2014, 12:26 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm not lol. My wife has a penpal in Norway that she's meeting in May, and she told her that McDonald's meals cost around A$16. Apprently a lot of food is imported into Norway, so a lot of people outside Oslo hunt, gather, and garden their food because buying from the store is outrageously expensive.
I'm imagining Vikings hunter and gatherers. With government health care and other large welfare benefits.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,656,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Who would buy McDonald's at those prices?!
Before a long train ride when I was in Norway about eight years ago I bought two chocolate bars from a convenience store. The guy at the counter said "tretti kroner", which I knew meant 30 kroner (£3 / $5), but I thought that given that that's two to three times more expensive than even English prices I must have misheard him because there was just no way in hell that chocolate could possibly be that expensive anywhere, and the guy must have said 13 (13 and 30 sound quite similar in Norwegian as well), so I gave him 13 kroner and hoped for the best - didn't work! After that I just didn't bother converting the prices, because I wouldn't have bought anything if I'd known how much stuff cost.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:52 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,818,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Because your always like "oh I can't wait to get back to York I hate it here!".

And then you talk about home made food.

Oh and yes it is.. They have salads and stuff.
I'm always like that? I have never said I hate it here!

I've mentioned home made food once, 1 page back.

"They have salads and stuff" The salads in McDonalds are almost as unhealthy as the burgers!

Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Good God. That's so expensive!
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
You would need around 3,253.07€ in Turku to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 5,100.00€ in Bergen (assuming you rent in both cities)

• Consumer Prices in Turku are 30.66% lower than in Bergen
  • Consumer Prices Including Rent in Turku are 36.21% lower than in Bergen
  • Rent Prices in Turku are 50.08% lower than in Bergen
  • Restaurant Prices in Turku are 43.37% lower than in Bergen
  • Groceries Prices in Turku are 30.08% lower than in Bergen
  • Local Purchasing Power in Turku is 3.63% lower than in Bergen
LOL...

Last edited by Yac; 03-11-2014 at 07:59 AM..

Old 03-10-2014, 01:17 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Just had more McChickens for lunch
Put some chips and curry in the oven for dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather