Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:42 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times

Advertisements

^^^ Stillthesame, where are you again? That sounds like our temps in AVL, which today I think are like 70 hi / 50 low.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Its 81 with a nice cool breeze today

Old 09-28-2010, 06:07 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,249 times
Minneapolis. The fall colors are amazing right now.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Oh wow, big leap from S FL to Minneapolis! For some reason I was thinking you were close to my area. It's gonna be cold soon (in both places)!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,824,588 times
Well in Boca were having so many inches of rain and the humidity is not pleasant with a flood watch. I feel like this summer weather wise has been different then last year. It seems more rain and different times. Last year most of the day would be nice then heavy rain at 4 for an hour. I liked that better. Ready for winter that is for sure.
Fall is a beutiful time in cooler states I agree. Love the leaves that change and cider mills. Not the winters though.
On a side note or the original post in no way am I a FL hater. I can see where for some people they would want to live in Boca or FL in general. I agree there are worse places to live. In no way do I feel everyone in Boca is snobby or rude wealthy or not but I am comparing it to the other states I have lived and the feeling is higher here. There is no perfect and everyone is different. Just about finding the best or what needs to be for that person or family.

Last edited by DaniellaG; 09-29-2010 at 01:48 AM..

Old 09-29-2010, 03:07 PM

522 posts, read 1,609,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Well in Boca were having so many inches of rain and the humidity is not pleasant with a flood watch. I feel like this summer weather wise has been different then last year. It seems more rain and different times. Last year most of the day would be nice then heavy rain at 4 for an hour. I liked that better. Ready for winter that is for sure.
Fall is a beutiful time in cooler states I agree. Love the leaves that change and cider mills. Not the winters though.
On a side note or the original post in no way am I a FL hater. I can see where for some people they would want to live in Boca or FL in general. I agree there are worse places to live. In no way do I feel everyone in Boca is snobby or rude wealthy or not but I am comparing it to the other states I have lived and the feeling is higher here. There is no perfect and everyone is different. Just about finding the best or what needs to be for that person or family.
You are so right! I'm not a Florida hater either by any means and, of course, there ARE nice people in Boca. I was speaking in generalities. Yes, fall can be very pretty in northern states - but it always signified the death of summer and the onset of winter to me - so I don't find it pleasant! I miss FL!!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 PM

6 posts, read 11,911 times
I have lived in S. Fla for almost 3 1/2 years and have worked in Boca for almost 2. Coming here everyday and having to deal with the people in this area has been awful. Don't get me wrong, not EVERYONE is rude, but even going to the grocery store on my lunch break puts me into a bad mood. Don't expect anyone to smile or be courteous around here...and don't be surprised if in a few months you start acting the same way

Old 09-30-2010, 02:16 PM

623 posts, read 1,302,562 times
K215;;;;; why do you think this is? Have lived in new york/ manhattan and LI most of my adult life and feel i know the meaning of rude. That bad in South Florida? have not experienced this YET here.

??????

Old 09-30-2010, 05:10 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
K215;;;;; why do you think this is? Have lived in new york/ manhattan and LI most of my adult life and feel i know the meaning of rude. That bad in South Florida? have not experienced this YET here.

??????
SAK me neither..Ive been living here 17 months and havent encountered it once..and our friends have been here 4 years and dont feel that way..but we are all from Brooklyn NY and well people are def nicer here...also I shop in Boca and eat in Boca and do almost everything in boca..Some People just crack me up!!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
SAK me neither..Ive been living here 17 months and havent encountered it once..and our friends have been here 4 years and dont feel that way..but we are all from Brooklyn NY and well people are def nicer here...also I shop in Boca and eat in Boca and do almost everything in boca..Some People just crack me up!!
So you probably dont notice it as much as others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach