Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM

58 posts, read 248,153 times

Advertisements

ok. We just don't want to put down all of our savings in a gated community and feel like we don't belong. We want a community where we all feel like family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
How would anyone know what religion you are? No one living around me know what religion I am, and I do not know what they are, and I do not care.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Same here....No one asks no one seems to care...

Old 06-07-2012, 03:51 PM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times
I don't think anyone cares about anyone else's religion here. ?

Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 PM

143 posts, read 472,006 times
They only way you can tell in my neighborhood is by Christmas lights....lol....there are a few of us that go a little crazy.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
ok. We just don't want to put down all of our savings in a gated community and feel like we don't belong. We want a community where we all feel like family.
Feeling like a family is great, however it is very difficult in general to meet people I personally would not go into with that attitude so you won't be disappointed if people aren't a certain way...Im not saying you wont make friends, but I will tell you its quite difficult in General and we all look for that perfect development but sometimes you get lucky and have some great people you can become friends with and then you have those have their "friends" and aren't too interested in a new friendship...I got lucky I met some really great people a year after we moved here and we have been great friends but it isn't easy...

But you will find that anywhere, We found it everywhere we lived people are people...So move to a development that u do feel comfortable in and where you think u would want to stay and buy the house because you love it...Most of the times we do not always know what a development is like until you live there...

Good Luck..

Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 AM

7 posts, read 20,856 times
If you feel a strong need for a close-knit community that suits your needs, you may want to consider renting first. Different communities have different feels and you may move into a place you've heard is very close-knit, but you just don't relate to the people/place/vibe. Or you may move somewhere with no common facilities and hit it off with your neighbors. I rented first year in Boca b/c I didn't want to take that risk. I'm glad I did, as I did not love where I rent (even though almost everyone in Boca does, so again, it's very personal and subjective), and was able to find the right location to buy. In the end though, it's all about the weather and lifestyle here. If you don't eventually buy into that, I'm not sure it will matter who you live next to. If you do buy into it, you could probably live next to Oscar the Grouch and be ok everytime you see those big pink/orange/purple clouds at sunset, or sit by the pool and watch/hear the wind blowing through the palms, or enjoy the beautiful beach. I wouldn't sweat the religion thing. There are a few neighborhoods that are sort of enclaves for religious Jews, so steer clear of them and you'll be find. Good luck!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM

590 posts, read 1,013,260 times
NYbabymama,

forget about the religion issue, it's really not an issue down here, it's not like you are in some Bible belt small village.

Boca is older age and a little more snobbish. Jupiter/North Palm Beach area also offering great gated communities and amenities but are more down to earth.

As for Jupiter being too far north, it depends where you will work. If you work in West Palm Beach, you are in the middle between Jupiter and Boca.

An area you might want to look at is Palm Beach Gardens. It's south of Jupiter so closer to WPB, and it has great communities and great restaurants. It's also packed with people from the NE but it offers, IMO, and it's a great combination between upscale and relaxed.

Plenty of nice restaurants to try, the Gardens Mall for you, the golf for your husband (nothing says "golf" in Fla like Palm Beach Gardens, the main street is called PGA Blvd...), it might be a good mix of everything for everybody. Mirasol is a community that apparently appeals a lot to North-Easterners, Old Marsh is also nice, but a little bit more laid back, with big open spaces, still very fancy and with nice houses. But there are more, like PGA Nationals, a huge community that spans from Palm Beach Gardens down to North Palm Beach and where you can find homes from 250K to over a million.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 AM

58 posts, read 248,153 times
The problem with PBG is we hear the public schools aren't as good as Boca Or Jupiter, that's why we narrowed our search to these areas. My husband works from home so there is no commute, although his parents live in Gulfstream and ideally we would like to be close to them.

We DEFINITLY plan on renting for six months while we narrow our house search and learn more about the communities. But we still need to focus on an area.

Good to here about religion being a non-issue. It's not so much that way up in NYC/CT.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 AM

NY you might like Jupiter better than Boca..You need to check out both areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach