Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2007, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 15,033 times

Advertisements

Hello all. You are quite the spirited group. Although living in Miami is not practical for me and my wife, it is sad to read the general state of civic affairs.

Bullet points to guide your suggestions:
-We want to rent first
-We want a small home in an established neighborhood
-Prefer older architecture styles
-1,500 to 2,000 sq ft
-We have no school aged children
-We are upper middle class with regards to income
-Despise commuting long distances (more than 30 min each way)

I apologize if this is off topic.
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 12:32 PM

929 posts, read 1,158,153 times
-We want to rent first
unbelievably wise move

-Prefer older architecture styles
1950s is older or anything made of coral rock. honestly alot of stuff got taken out by hurricanes so theres not alot of 'older' stuff.

-We have no school aged children
certainly makes things easier

-We are upper middle class with regards to income
lower middle class once you move here. everything in this place caters to the extremely rich or extremely poor and charges accordingly.

-Despise commuting long distances (more than 30 min each way)
fat chance

south florida is the land of lowered expectations. you cannot come here and compare it to what youve experienced elsewhere or you will be very dissapointed.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 15,033 times
Default Thanks...now how about some specifics...

Thank you Cix for your reply. Your effort, notwithstanding, fails to give me an idea of locations I should look, my expectations having been sufficiently extinguished.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:33 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
I would say stay East of 95 for starters and you should look at Boca also. The further west you go there is less of the older architecture, so stay as far east as you can. Maybe post this in the main Florida section (saying Boca/Delray Area), since most of us who post here in the Miami section live 1 to 1.5 hours south of Delray that way maybe someone there can give you specifics on neighborhoods. I just saw you did post in the Florida section, I wish I could help, but I don't know the area enough...

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-31-2007 at 03:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach