Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 15,035 times

Advertisements

Hello all. My wife and I are relo'ing to a company in Delray Beach. Please advise us on areas to live. Bullet points to guide your suggestions:
-We want to rent first
-We want a small home in an established neighborhood
-Prefer older architecture styles
-1,500 to 2,000 sq ft
-We have no school aged children
-We are upper middle class with regards to income
-Despise commuting long distances (more than 30 min each way)

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 09:03 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,751 times
Delray is beautiful and I love it here. I personally live in a newer home but it is a beautiful community with unique architecture (our houses have front porches and the garages are in the back... very uncommon in South Florida). We are just west of I-95 but still within 10 minutes to the beautiful downtown and the beaches.... I would personally suggest living between Military and I-95 OR east of US-1... depending upon your budget.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info and/or want more specific pricing ideas in both areas..

Old 04-01-2007, 12:05 AM

376 posts, read 1,867,241 times
Ditto, downtown Delray is gorgeous.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 PM

25 posts, read 57,641 times
I just got back from delray and was highly impressed (grew up in jersey, lived in hollywood-ca for 9 years, southern L.A. 4 years). I like how it is up & coming, non-commercial, classy, not many clubs. I also like how there is a strong health concious undercurrent there. Shore restaurant has some organic dishes, theres a farmers market on sat, very large natural health food store that sells orgainc food on atlantic ave, whole foods in boca is not that far away. kite surfing abounds on the beach! now i just need 7 mil for my beach house! lolol I may just start my buisness there

anyone know anything about spa 11 in delray????? please details

what rental websites are there that serve delray? lookin for a beach home for a month in may/june

Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM

45 posts, read 178,054 times
Steve,

There are alot of older homes in and close to the downtown Delray area. It really comes down to how much you want to spend. I personally would have to agree with rkumar3's suggestions in that you either want to be between I-95 & Military Trail or east of US1. We also live in a great neighborhood where the homes in our particular phase of the development are 12 years old. We are close enough to the beach (5 miles) without being too close in my opnion. The biggest problem I would have being any closer to downtown would be the lack of conveniences such as grocery shopping and there is always some event taking place which could make getting around tiresome. Just my 2¢. I'm sure that wherever you end up you'll be happy. It's a great city to live in with plenty to do.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,751 times
Delray rocks... come on over and enjoy the quality life

Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 PM

25 posts, read 57,641 times
Where can i get info on wahst goin on with the property tax reduction or elimination in delray beach?

Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
It really isn't just a delray beach issue, it is more like a state wide issue. The legislature in meeting in Tallahassee for a special session June 12-22 to look at the property tax reduction/eliminations. It may become county issues depending on the outcome of the sessions. http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...ssReleaseId=88

Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,104 times
Searching searching searching. Ready to leave NJ and head to Delray. Need a townhouse type with a backyard ~ some are called private courtyards. Any info or opinions on the WoodLake community? I like the close proximity to Atlantic Ave. Just not familiar with the area at all. Thanks for any input.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:09 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,474 times
Do you want a 55 Plus community or are you still working? Anything east of 95 near Atlantic is pricey.
but prices have come down quite a bit...They built beautiful townhouses on Federal Hgwy in Delray Beach (which is U.S. 1). Most of the communities out west are single family homes and condos.. there
are several 55 plus communities out west that are "villas"....Las Verdes on Military Trail between Lake
Ida Rd. and Atlantic have them.....Highpoint West, Sections, 1, 2 and 3 on Military Trail also between
the two above mentioned streets are villas.....there are 4 apartments in each building. Section 3 has a
"California" type unit.....the end units have two bedrooms....all have 2 bathrooms...Best advice come down for a long weekend take a ride around and call a realtor.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach