Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 PM

315 posts, read 776,630 times

Advertisements

Would you buy a home in Wellington? If not, why? Or why would you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 05:31 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
I am not that familar with all of Wellington but rented for a very short time in Palm Beach Polo Club in Wellington. If I could afford home in there I would. Some of those are millions though I think. Even some of those studios in season go for 2000 a month cause of horse season. I'm sure there are other near by areas that are nice and less expensive though. I am 30 and felt it was younger then the current Boca I live,safe,beutiful,close to malls/restaurants. It seemed more family oriented though I heard Boca has better schools but I could be wrong.
Have you found something you like?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,839,196 times
My daughter and her husband live in Wellington and really like it. It seems to be beautiful and they were fortunate to find a home with very stable ownership and hardly any foreclosure!!! That was a miracle.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
I would not live in Wellington; my reasons are that it is too far from the beaches.
It is a bit cooler and breezier near the coast. I also prefer the homes near the beach, as well. I live in a great part of Lake Worth and wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a nice place in the western North Carolina mountains.
I prefer to drive on roads like Dixie Hwy. and A1A and I don't like roads like 441 (state road 7) or Forest Hill/Southern Blvd.. I'd rather be driving 30 MPH than 45 - 60 MPH..
I sit on my porch and watch the boats go by on the Intracoastal Waterway.
I couldn't survive way out there in Wellington.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:39 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
Would you buy a home in Wellington? If not, why? Or why would you?
I would not but my reasons are personal - Wellington is too posh for me and too expensive. I live in nearby Loxahatchee and I have a 1.5 acre lot, horses etc. It is also unincorporated so I answer to no HOA nor do I pay them any fees. To some people (me) this is an advantage, to others it is a disadvantage. Both Wellington and Loxahatchee are far from the beaches as someone else mentioned so if you are into the water life, neither will do the trick for you.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 PM

114 posts, read 449,405 times
Well, as you can see from the posts, it depends on what YOU are looking for. I live in Wellington and love it. I don't mind a short drive to the beach, everything I need is here and the schools are better than most. It is safe (by Fla standards) and is generally upscale. If you want to be on the beach, obviously Wellington is not for you. If you want a suburban livestyle, what is not to like about Wellington?

Old 08-08-2009, 07:30 PM

19 posts, read 95,803 times
We have lived in Wellington for over a year and love it. The town is pretty, mostly new, friendly and very family-oriented. Our kids attend public school and it is wonderful. Wellington is a little far from the beach, but we still go quite often. We have a pool, so if we don't feel up to a short drive, the pool is great!!! Good luck and hope to see you here .

Old 08-16-2009, 03:08 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
I'll just say this, I live in Welly World and it's not what is was 10+years ago. It use to be better here, seems a lot of people are newbies and never saw things how they were years ago. Biggest mistake was the Mall, might be a tax revenue generator for the Village but in my opinion comes at a cost. Crime and influx of trash from elsewhere is obvious, especially hearing helicopters with spot lights hovering over your gated $$ community looking for the criminal element.

Sure we have notable residents and celebs, the equestrian stuff and million dollar homes but don't let it fool you there is plenty of section 8 qualified rentals available here and the high property tax rate to go with it.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 AM

156 posts, read 711,172 times
Default pros and cons of wellington

We lived in Wellington for two years, I can tell you what we thought.
Pros: Beautiful area, great buys on homes right now, family friendly area, safe, good programs for sports, good schools.
Cons: Far from beaches, people tend to be snobby (wealthier ones), hot most of the year and humid often, high homeowners rates, high electric bills and taxes, big divide between the haves and the have nots, crowded.

We moved up to North Florida (St Augustine) and love it here!!
Good luck to you!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 PM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
We lived in Wellington for two years, I can tell you what we thought.
Pros: Beautiful area, great buys on homes right now, family friendly area, safe, good programs for sports, good schools.
Cons: Far from beaches, people tend to be snobby (wealthier ones), hot most of the year and humid often, high homeowners rates, high electric bills and taxes, big divide between the haves and the have nots, crowded.

We moved up to North Florida (St Augustine) and love it here!!
Good luck to you!!!
What is the price of homes/land in St Augustine compared to PBC/Wellington? Been there on vacation and just looked VERY pretty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach