Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 06:45 PM

335 posts, read 620,064 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Wellington & I used to go to Lake Worth beach. Straight shot down Lake Worth Road for me. Depending on traffic and if the lights are in your favor, you can get there in 20 minutes. It's more realistically 30.

Last edited by FLSkater; 03-30-2014 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: added word beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 06:34 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I would not. We always want to be (in Florida) closer to the ocean in south Florida and Wellington too far. Also, we have heard from numerous dfs there that bugs, mosquitos far worse.

Be honest, you have rented a home in Florida for what 18 months? Have you even been to Wellington?
Wellington isn't for me but it can be a great community for others. Several celebrities have homes out there like Bruce Springsteen and Tommy Lee Jones so obviously there is an attraction to that area.

The bugs can be bad anywhere in Florida. "No seeums" will tear you up at daybreak/dusk on a windless night along the intracoastal especially in a heavy mangrove area.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,957 times
I looked hard in Welly before buying in Jupiter. Seeing homeless people begging on many major intersections really bothered me about Wellington. Same problem in Boca.
Jupiter doesn't have this issue

Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM

499 posts, read 586,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
I looked hard in Welly before buying in Jupiter. Seeing homeless people begging on many major intersections really bothered me about Wellington. Same problem in Boca.
Jupiter doesn't have this issue
Is that true - homeless people begging on every corner?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:48 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Be honest, you have rented a home in Florida for what 18 months? Have you even been to Wellington?
Wellington isn't for me but it can be a great community for others. Several celebrities have homes out there like Bruce Springsteen and Tommy Lee Jones so obviously there is an attraction to that area.

The bugs can be bad anywhere in Florida. "No seeums" will tear you up at daybreak/dusk on a windless night along the intracoastal especially in a heavy mangrove area.
I do know the area and I do not care if you believe me or other posters, to be honest. Let them find out for themselves. They AND YOU, (do you live in the area or have you visited Wellington?) can certainly drive from the beach to Wellington.

Have you even been to Wellington?

Old 04-04-2014, 02:50 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSkater View Post
I used to live in Wellington & I used to go to Lake Worth beach. Straight shot down Lake Worth Road for me. Depending on traffic and if the lights are in your favor, you can get there in 20 minutes. It's more realistically 30.
Yeah... No. 30 minutes too far for us. 10 or less to the beach is good for my family.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:02 AM

1 posts, read 513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
You can get a home here a 3br/2ba home for about $190K right now if you look carefully, taxes will be about $3k or so a year. Most neighborhoods have hoa or cdd fees of about $2K but that includes all of your amenities like pool, workout gym, tennis, etc. For us, it is well worth the money!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
"Not sure what there is to complain about?"

Some people post here just to complain. Not sure why.

THX 1138 - If you read the posts correctly, I was not saying that you were verbally attacking anybody. Rather it was the other poster alleging that Wellington is on the decline that was complaining of being verbally attacked. Also, yes, I read the papers, usually 3 a day. As I stated, the tax notice that I just received within the last 2 weeks or so, show a tax decrease of 30%, and unless I've missed something, that is with the proposed tax increases. Yes, I know, the decrease is because of the new assessed amount, which is fine by me as I just bought the property.
Some people are talking about cancer cluster area in Wellington. Please let me know what is it all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach