Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times

Advertisements

Thanks, GHO...but Mr. MoJo and the others know you will be expensive as you will want things they are not willing to give...it is better for them to have you gain those Wants in Charlotte, Orlando or Los Angeles...

a paradox of understanding is granted in this fact...

How does a Democrat Governor who's money is gained from non-union coal generated power, who is endorsed by the Right-to-Lifers, the UMWA, the National Rifle Association,the Teacher Unions and a host of other conservative groups NOT be a Republican?
Does something smell here?

I'm thinking about changing from the Democrat Party and becoming an Independant...I think they will sweep the next election...that way we can throw them all out and replace them with really new faces..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 04:18 PM

69 posts, read 191,500 times
Anywayyyy....Just got back from WV today....and loved it....seemed like a very long trip but made it there and back in 4 days.....looked at 5 houses and found 3 great places...1 went under contract before we even got home and the one we really liked is great...perfect for us...now we can't sell or home or the 10 acrs. we have quick enough to get down there...Anybody like to buy a house on 1.1 acres or 10 acres in up-state NY????? the 10 acres has an older camper and a 2010 new 28 ft. camper we'll throw in for $35,000...or just the land for $20,000??? It's only been on the market for a wk. so I know I'm kinda overly anxious...we can't wait to move down there, The areas we looked at were great...actually the land is alot like up-state NY...we were kinda surprised...Didn't see no bear but quite a few deer...Just wanted you all to know down there you have a beautiful state...and sooner or later we will be able to call WV our home also...guess I just need to be patient...Everyone down there was very friendly, to us outerstaters..thank-you !!

Old 07-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganAK View Post
This thread has been wonderful! I am not at all ready to dive into the political realm since I haven't even gotten to West Virginia yet, but so far everything that I have seen on this thread makes me MORE convicted to move there. Bears...GOOD! Winter.... GOOD! No big cities....GOOD! Infrastructure problems- okay, not great. Conservative mixed with Libertarian....GREAT!
MeganAK we just got back from there we loved it, we can't sell quick enough now, looked at northern and central areas, I bet you would love it too. I'm dropping prices on what we have for sell here...hoping to make this all happen sooner...

Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,188,084 times
spldcnd what town are you looking at in WV?

Old 07-01-2009, 07:00 PM

275 posts, read 707,940 times
I <3 WV!!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :P

Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC View Post
spldcnd what town are you looking at in WV?
BJC, we stayed in New Martinsville the first night, and found a nice place out by Reader....and one not so nice by Pine Grove, OMG it was about 8 miles of rough 4-wheel drive to get to, thru 4 creeks then was a disappointment when we finallygot to it....Then stayed in Bridgeport and looked at 2 by flattwoods 1 was nice( went under contrat before we even got home) and the other needed alot of work...The one we Really like was By Mount Clare...hoping that ones still for sale by the time we sell something up here...See what happens,I know we'll find something just need to get something sold here the house or land or better yet both.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,188,084 times
spldcnd we really like the Bridgeport area and may look there when retirement time comes (5-7 yrs)!

Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM

We did stay in Bridgeport one night and looked at homes south of there, was a very pretty area and seemd to be very clean..We really didn't want to leave, but plan on coming back real soon...Hubby had to get back to work..(stupid jobs !!!) Should just go buy a lotto ticket, ya never know, since we never do, we may be one of those lucky ones that hits big off a couple bucks worth..naaaa, probably not..We did get some nice firworks while there and picked up more in PA, so (if not raining) should be a nice 4th..You have to go outta state to buy fireworks here...anyway Happy 4th of July to everyone !!!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:30 PM

6 posts, read 12,881 times
hello people, i have 10 years living here and mean, this state is wonderful, 0 trafic, not too much people, (nice) friendly, helping people too, i love west virginia, i coming to stay here, oh yes, i dont want go back to miami, oh hell never, is too hot, too much people, the trafic turn you crazy, wv is cheaper the services, the beautiful houses and very low good prices, half of you paid in miami for a house less elegant and less sq, the people here are very happy, but they dont know they are. Wonderful and beautiful and peace state to live longer. I love west virginia !!!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 05:05 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
South Beach and Hallandale is only about $160.00 away on Air-Tran...so, who needs to actually live there? Can't drive it for that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia