Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:31 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,192,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelmommy View Post
Thank you! I tried to google the distance (the area I am looking at is to the west of Amawalk Reservior) to Mount Kisco...20 mins?
I actually thought you were refering to the Croton Reservoir and that the house was between routes 100 and 202/35, around Moseman. If the house is in Amawalk north of 202/35, the trip to Mt Kisco will be longer and somewhat trickier. But still do able--you could go down Pinesbridge to Moseman to Hanover to 118 and then go via 100 and Crow Hill into Mt Kisco. I would think you could do that in 20 minutes, but since I've never actually done it I'm really not sure. I would certainly do a test run. If I'm right about the location, the closest train station is probably Purdys, which is a 68 minute express ride--so you'd probably be better off with the longer drive to Mt Kisco. But you'd have to try both and see how it all stacks up.

Another thing to remember is that some stations have plenty of non-resident parking and some have very little. And the frequency of trains is probably even more important than the length of the trip! Having multiple options is totally critical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM

9 posts, read 24,019 times
Thank you DMA1250 for your kind reply. I will definitely test it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
I actually thought you were refering to the Croton Reservoir and that the house was between routes 100 and 202/35, around Moseman. If the house is in Amawalk north of 202/35, the trip to Mt Kisco will be longer and somewhat trickier. But still do able--you could go down Pinesbridge to Moseman to Hanover to 118 and then go via 100 and Crow Hill into Mt Kisco. I would think you could do that in 20 minutes, but since I've never actually done it I'm really not sure. I would certainly do a test run. If I'm right about the location, the closest train station is probably Purdys, which is a 68 minute express ride--so you'd probably be better off with the longer drive to Mt Kisco. But you'd have to try both and see how it all stacks up.

Another thing to remember is that some stations have plenty of non-resident parking and some have very little. And the frequency of trains is probably even more important than the length of the trip! Having multiple options is totally critical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County