Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,132 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks.. new to the boards but finding it very interesting.

I'm trying to find some information about a set of condos on SHeldrake Place in Mamaroneck that are near the Mamaroneck train line (literally right across the park).

Anyone live in or near that area have any opinion on safety, things to do, shops, ...primarily safety (as my fiance is very concerned about not having a doorman).

Also, I read lots of stories about the 07 flood and I'm wondering aside from that massive one what are the other occasional floods like? Are we talking about a few inches or a foot of water in varying places?

If anyone lives in those sets of condos, how was the 07 flood and its impact on you (and if you have one, your car?). Was the buildings garage flooded or was it not that bad? I ask because I heard from some stories that the park (Central park i believe) was flooded to like 8 feet deep... but I can only imagine that being the case if the park actually dips down (concave like) and I don't recall if it did or not.

Would appreciate any insights into this area cause we really like the property in general and the neighborhood seems very pleasant.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
I don't live in those condos but I can tell you that its a very safe area. Its convenient as well, most of businesses are mom and pop stores, and its pretty diverse. There's a lake/pond in the park that can lead to flooding when the rain gets bad, aside from passing by the park I haven't physically walked through it in a number of years so I can't tell you about the concave thing. I don't/didn't know about the buildings garage being flooded either. In general the area is and has always been pleasant (as far as I can remember in my twenty something years).

Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,766 times
Thumbs up Mamaroneck - Sheldrake Place

Hi,

I actually own a duplex and live in this building since beginning of 2009. The building (the bigger one) is new and has been constructed in 2007-2008.

The area flood statistics show that it might be affected by the flood once in 50 or so years, so you will have to move a car.

The builder did good job, the building is of very high quality and great value, there are 2 parking spots per unit, roof terrace (BBQ, sunbathing, etc.), etc.

Commute is better than for some people living in NY city - 3min walk across the park to the station, then 37 min to Grand Central.

If you have more questions, contact me, happy to share my experiences.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County