Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 10:54 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,611,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I would have said the same about Chick-fil-A a year ago. I never wanted to go in them. They put one in where I am and I've changed my mind. It's their revamped salads that are so great. Someone did a taste test of all the fast food salads and Chick-fil-A won. They really are better than most.
I recently had one of their salads and was amazed at the quality and how good it was. However, Chick-fil-A is now pricey - I bought my daughter lunch last weekend after ballet practice (combo+side of fruit) - $9! (Medium side of fruit was more than $2.50)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 06:20 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Default Ingle's #23, 201 Barber Boulevard, Waynesville, North Carolina 28786-3686

Ingle's #23 has moved into into the new store. The recent store 23 is closed for clean out and demolition. The final phase of the new store 23, which will include the pharmacy and walk-in beer cooler, is projected to be complete by November.

Further reading
Olcsvay, Allison. "Welcome to Ingles." The Mountaineer. 2016-05-24.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:33 PM

6 posts, read 6,068 times
I went to the grand opening today, it was lovely! I could see the subliminal Publix Supermarkets message Crystal Clear. I was very pleased to see that it now has the flow, look and feel of a Publix Supermarket. Much needed in our area.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 10,617,090 times
My CEO & I wandered through the new Waynesville Ingles after golf, but we didn't come away with any warm fuzzy feelings:
It is laid out very differently than its former/mirror image store next door, none of the shoppers, including us, knew where stuff was, and the multitude of employees were confused, too.

It will get better, but 'imaging' Publix may be a worthy goal, but is not necessarily what this store's clientele is looking for, imo.

I realize it is typical opening day stuff in the retail biz, but other than feeling like an alternate universe, it is the nearly same store, different layout, in the same location, with more traffic.
We shall see...
GL, mD

Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 PM

Default Ingle's #23, 201 Barber Boulevard, Waynesville, North Carolina 28786-3686

One thing I would like to try out is the cafe on Friday evenings as it is transferred into a restaurant with steak available.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decaknot View Post
I went to the grand opening today, it was lovely! I could see the subliminal Publix Supermarkets message Crystal Clear. I was very pleased to see that it now has the flow, look and feel of a Publix Supermarket. Much needed in our area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
It will get better, but 'imaging' Publix may be a worthy goal, but is not necessarily what this store's clientele is looking for, imo.
Ingle's is replacing and expanding stores in Cherokee, Haywood, and Macon counties. I wonder if Publix is on its way to Franklin, Murphy, and Waynesville.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:42 AM

4,792 posts, read 10,617,090 times
Not part of the local intelligentsia, but from casual reading of local gov't stuff, I have not read any whispers of Pub rolling into Waynesville. Hellsbells, we are still waiting for Charter to run cable up to all of us here on EN Mtn ridge, as they said they would, since 2001,

Not beating on the new Ingles: it was GO blues, but I do scratch my head over the 'new store' built right next to the current existing store building, that is so similar that the new store FABs are hard to discern thus far...
GL, mD

Old 05-26-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Not part of the local intelligentsia, but from casual reading of local gov't stuff, I have not read any whispers of Pub rolling into Waynesville.
Not many supermarkets have been able to penetrate Ingle's dominance across western North Carolina. Publix may be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid
Not beating on the new Ingles: it was GO blues, but I do scratch my head over the 'new store' built right next to the current existing store building, that is so similar that the new store FABs are hard to discern thus far...
GL, mD
I like Ingle's new stores. They are a step above everyone else in North Carolina.

I will note Ingle's new stores, both additional and replacement, are in trade areas where Publix has announced new stores or are speculated to enter. Most activity is in North Carolina and Tennessee.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:05 PM

6 posts, read 6,068 times
I do agree - I feel that Ingles is getting ready for a Publix in future (I'd say it is probably 2 years away or so) and the best location would probably be the deteriorating KMart just as Publix in Asheville took over the old KMart on Hendersonville Road.

I have been waiting for an Aldi supermarket for a long time to come to Waynesville. I wrote to them 5 years ago (still have their letter response) and even though I started to lose hope, a couple of my husband's co-workers told him they heard an Aldi was coming to Waynesville - near the new Walmart/Belk area. So off we went on our weekly trek to our nearest Aldi in Asheville and we asked 2 employees and sure enough - they confirmed Aldi will be coming to Waynesville soon but they did not have any more details other than confirming it is true. Keeping fingers crossed!

Old 05-26-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decaknot View Post
I do agree - I feel that Ingles is getting ready for a Publix in future (I'd say it is probably 2 years away or so) and the best location would probably be the deteriorating KMart just as Publix in Asheville took over the old KMart on Hendersonville Road.
Publix is gradually announcing new stores in North Carolina. The closest stores that have been announced or are open are in Buncombe County. I could see increased activity for Publix in new store announcements and openings within the next two years.

Ingle's is staying ahead improving its stores through rebuilds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decaknot
I have been waiting for an Aldi supermarket for a long time to come to Waynesville. I wrote to them 5 years ago (still have their letter response) and even though I started to lose hope, a couple of my husband's co-workers told him they heard an Aldi was coming to Waynesville - near the new Walmart/Belk area. So off we went on our weekly trek to our nearest Aldi in Asheville and we asked 2 employees and sure enough - they confirmed Aldi will be coming to Waynesville soon but they did not have any more details other than confirming it is true. Keeping fingers crossed!
Aldi is a limited assortment/discount grocer, not a supermarket. It and Lidl, if it plans to enter Haywood County, will shake up the limited assortment/discount grocery segment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina