Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsfinest View Post
Hey everyone sorry about not replying so fast today. I made it through the night and the cold weather didn't wake me up so early this time (6am). My feet were cold. I fixed the issue and woke back up at 9am. The car had ice inside from the cold weather. Everyone I talked to today had the same issue with the ice inside cars and feet was cold. For sure you have to sleep with the blankets over your head too. Today it snowed all day long and most of the business's (oil offices) if not all were closed for the weekend. However, I met a few people that work in the oil fields. I got a few numbers and tips on where to hit up when the offices open on Monday. Today was sure a morale booster.
I'm sorry. I live in Wyoming and I really wonder what you are thinking about, living in your car in ND during the winter. I've had to live in my car when I was snow bound and trapped a few times in my life. It is not something a person wants to do.

But to willingly do that in the winter, is a fools choice. A night, yes. More then a night, an idiot. You will be dead before you know it.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:17 PM

325 posts, read 863,185 times
Quote:
Hey everyone sorry about not replying so fast today. I made it through the night and the cold weather didn't wake me up so early this time (6am). My feet were cold. I fixed the issue and woke back up at 9am. The car had ice inside from the cold weather. Everyone I talked to today had the same issue with the ice inside cars and feet was cold. For sure you have to sleep with the blankets over your head too. Today it snowed all day long and most of the business's (oil offices) if not all were closed for the weekend. However, I met a few people that work in the oil fields. I got a few numbers and tips on where to hit up when the offices open on Monday. Today was sure a morale booster.

I just pm'ed you. Hope you see it tonight.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:21 PM

73 posts, read 202,958 times
Here's a pic from the day today.
Attached Thumbnails
Williston, ND weather right now at 1pm......21 degrees with a windchill of 5 degrees-imag0241.jpg  

Old 11-19-2011, 06:28 PM

287 posts, read 688,687 times
Quote:
Here's a pic from the day today.
it certainly looks cold. How many nights have you been sleeping in your car if dont mind me asking SoCal?

Be safe and be careful

Last edited by JaxTeller; 11-19-2011 at 06:40 PM..

Old 11-19-2011, 08:15 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I'm sorry. I live in Wyoming and I really wonder what you are thinking about, living in your car in ND during the winter. I've had to live in my car when I was snow bound and trapped a few times in my life. It is not something a person wants to do.

But to willingly do that in the winter, is a fools choice. A night, yes. More then a night, an idiot. You will be dead before you know it.
With respects he is not a idiot. He is taking a risk at this time of year but sometimes people don't have control over that. It is easy to say "wait til spring" but how do you know anyones situations? What if they need the money NOW? He, like many others, are there looking for a job not hanging around for the thrill of it. People who go into beyond freezing mountains for the thrill are they idiots? No instead people praise them and give them awards. These people are at least looking for work. And at least he does have his car what if he didn't?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 PM

287 posts, read 688,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
With respects he is not a idiot. He is taking a risk at this time of year but sometimes people don't have control over that. It is easy to say "wait til spring" but how do you know anyones situations? What if they need the money NOW? He, like many others, are there looking for a job not hanging around for the thrill of it. People who go into beyond freezing mountains for the thrill are they idiots? No instead people praise them and give them awards. These people are at least looking for work. And at least he does have his car what if he didn't?
I agree with you laina. I dont think SoCal is an idiot, neither the dozens or hundreds of people doing the same thing.

God Bless them and God Bless those of us that are about to do the same very thing.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Hey, glad to see you are ok, and that things are looking up. A few of us were a lil worried, weather being so cold. Networking is a major help in oilfield, especially in a small place like Williston. Good job

Old 11-19-2011, 08:31 PM

11 posts, read 18,312 times
Quote:
Good for you. And good luck with the job hunt!

Old 11-19-2011, 09:22 PM

73 posts, read 202,958 times
Thanks jax I had a little trouble breathing out of it last night cause my nose was plugged but tonight I can breathe. I'll wear it tonight

Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
I didn't say he was an idiot. I said that to do that would be a fools choice and to do it more then once would take an idiot.

I have done it. But only for a night. To do it longer would be foolish. So take it for what it's worth. If you want to be an idiot, go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston