Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 7,821 times

Advertisements

This helps so much thank you for your quick replies!! It makes a lot of sense what your saying and takes some of the wieght off about "Wild West Williston" i know I'm in for a real treat IF we move to ND when winter hits! Luckily i do love the snow even though nothing can prepare you for negative 30 below or worse than that but i believe in Jesus and adapting and over coming so i think we will be just fine seeing that ppl survive every year! I will defiantly read the threads to my husband. even though he is working in williston he still hasnt been to.town bc he works 15 to 20 hr days there . I guess that would be my next fear is there is weeks when he works a regular work week where we could spend lots of time together then there is a month where he works 24/7 so i would def wanna find a great church and moms group

i noticed in dickenson theres a huge really nice (atleast from the picture) community center with a gym pool indoor play gym for kids.

is there anything like that in Williston ? I have an almost 3 and almost 4 yr old so I'd love to have somewhere like that to take them.during the week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 09:27 PM

746 posts, read 1,729,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbuckingham22 View Post

i noticed in dickenson theres a huge really nice (atleast from the picture) community center with a gym pool indoor play gym for kids.

is there anything like that in Williston ? I have an almost 3 and almost 4 yr old so I'd love to have somewhere like that to take them.during the week
Coming in March 2014:

Williston goes big with new recreation center |

The 1% city sales tax in Williston gets huge $'s from oil companies purchasing drilling supplies (compared to any ND city), so that tax money goes a long ways.

http://www.willistonparks.com/

Last edited by fourwinds; 07-07-2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 7,821 times
Great to know the town is becoming less scary every post! I'm now looking for a good church i was really shocked to see.a calvary in dickenson. since i attend a Calvary in Melbourne that was really attractive to me .

Old 07-07-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbuckingham22 View Post
Great to know the town is becoming less scary every post! I'm now looking for a good church i was really shocked to see.a calvary in dickenson. since i attend a Calvary in Melbourne that was really attractive to me .
Churches that are probably closest to Calvary Chapel in viewpoint and expression in Williston might be these:

http://savinggracecommunitychurch.org/

New Hope Wesleyan Church / Home

There's also a Calvary Chapel in Minot that meets on Saturday night. Might call them and as well as the Dickinson church to see if there are any plans to plant a Calvary Chapel in Williston. Might be part of God's plan that you be part of it.

http://www.calvarychapelminot.org/

Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 PM

12 posts, read 25,776 times
Default I too am wanting to move to ND

I have no idea how to make a new post, I have tried to look at this site, to no success... I am very interested in posting my own post that is similar to OP. Can someone direct me so I can post? I want to move to ND with my family as well, however i have a list of questions, that I have not been able to find through websites etc.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:57 PM

Just post your questions in this thread, much like you have already posted.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 PM

Default .

Thanks, was not for certain how this works.
Well to start off with, I have two young daughters, a toddler and an infant. My fiance and I are stuck in Fl currently,and with preparation, money etc.( long story short, I had lost my job, fiance was a stay at home dad and had to relocate with his family..) We want to go back north, just not back to my state home, OH. We have researched a ton for North Dakota. I mainly am concerned with the living expenses, safety and what to expect in general. I would love to hear further feedback from those that live in the Bismark area. I dont want to relocate to Fargo or any surrounding area. I researched some on a city that is semi close to bismark, seems nice. Hazen,Nd.
Questions:

We will be moving with just money saved up, we hope to be hired for a job prior to leaving, however the likelyhood seems dim. We are not really looking for any oil related jobs, just jobs that help us pay living expenses, help us live comfortably,etc.What could we do to help this to happen? Aside from applications put in, and the daily call ins, How can we ensure or hope to ensure that one of us would be employed prior to leaving Fl?

My oldest daughter has a lot of medical problems, I am aware of the healthcare a little bit, however, I just need to have information on a city near or Bismark itself that is promising, for quality of health care,safety ,education, and of course the best city that isnt overwhelming with costs, like rent for example. We would love to relocate to a city in ND, to make this a permanent move. I just want to settle down, live the life I want to live,and for my family to be happy. I love the cold, and snow...Sucks to be in FL.. lol. Anyhow , I have tons of questions, yet this is the main topics I would love for anyone to add their input, good and bad..I appericate any feedback ,thanks.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 PM

Any reason for Hazen? Hazen and the nearby town of Beulah actually have a lot of higher paying technical jobs, but most of those are due to the Great Plains Gasification plant that converts coal to natural gas. That plant is no longer in a growth mode, so finding employment in Hazen - Beulah isn't easy for anything other than retail / restaurant. (The one exception is the medical field.) A lot of people that work in Hazen actually prefer to live in Bismarck and then commute. Have had both a brother and cousin and their families that lived in the Hazen area: both liked it, but it is a smaller town and sometimes tough to break into the entrenched social network there - which is based on families established there long ago.

What type of job do you want / what are you trained for?

Bismarck has a lot of job opportunities, good healthcare, and good schools.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:37 PM

Thanks, Well I looked up a list of cities, seen Hazen and was drawn to it.. I like Beulah too, from the research I have done on it. I am mainly in food/retail . Im attempting going back to college soon, this time instead of Psychology, for my main hobby,art. What does Bismark offer with the arts? Do you know?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM

Are there any jobs that dont require a degree in the arts, but can sustain rent and living expenses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston