Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,635 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to relocate to Wausau from Denver and I was wondering what side of town we should live on as well as good schools in the area (specifically elementary schools). My oldest son is 5 so we want to start him off at the right school.

Also, I know it is probably a bit of a long shot but I was also wondering if anyone had or knew someone who has a rental property in a decent area. We are looking to rent for a while to make sure we like the area before we buy and we are looking to do so somewhat in expensively.

Thank you all for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 08:34 PM

647 posts, read 1,663,880 times
If renting, I would say anywhere with exception to the middle of the city. The SE neighborhood is very good and has a good grade school (John Marshall Elementary). The Weston and Rib Mountain areas are nice as well. If buying, I wouldn't buy in Wausau or Brokaw area. Taxes are super high in Wausau and the water bill is outrageous in Brokaw. Again the SE or Riverview areas are nice as is Rib Mountain, Weston, NW part of town. Just stay out of the middle part if you can.

Craigslist is your best bet to find a rental.

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 AM

3 posts, read 5,858 times
D.C. Everest is a great school district that encompasses parts of the far east side of Wausau, Schofield, Weston, Rothschild and Kronenwetter areas. Kronenwetter is a great choice and is spread across D.C. Everest and Mosinee School Districts. Mosinee Schools are terrific if you want a smaller school district. There are quality rentals in both.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:22 PM

7 posts, read 8,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vigil View Post
My family and I are looking to relocate to Wausau from Denver and I was wondering what side of town we should live on as well as good schools in the area (specifically elementary schools). My oldest son is 5 so we want to start him off at the right school.

Also, I know it is probably a bit of a long shot but I was also wondering if anyone had or knew someone who has a rental property in a decent area. We are looking to rent for a while to make sure we like the area before we buy and we are looking to do so somewhat in expensively.

Thank you all for your help
Well hello there!
I just moved from Central Wi to Colorado Springs! The exact opposite venture you are about to embark on! You are going to LOVE it there, and I am instantly jealous. There is a great hiking/skiing/ overall beautiful views spot called "Rib Mountain." Don't let the name fool you, its a hill. Around the Rib Mountain and the city of Rib Mountain is a great place to live! Friendly neighbors that are community minded. A lot of individuals live in close communities around Wausau and commute from places like Lake DuBay (AWESOME VIEWS) and Weston to name a couple.

I would avoid the downtown area of Wausau if you are moving to the city. By the mall the neighborhoods have really gone downhill, especially between Marathon Park and the Mall area.

GOOD LUCK on your move! Enjoy every second you are there! You will truly get an experience with all four seasons!

Old 01-22-2016, 05:15 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,502 times
We recently moved away, but lived on the West side of Wausau. We loved it there. Great schools. I also like the Rib Mountain area schools. Stay away from inner city schools.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,289 times
We bought our first home in the southeast side of Wausau in May. I also work in the neighborhood (a county agency located in the Northcentral Healthcare Facility). The neighborhood has an active monthly meeting as well as a Facebook group (which does turn a little ugly at times). We still haven't met all the neighbors but of the ones we have all but one were friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin