Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

lol packer fans have been bamboozled...

Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I don't understand why Aaron Rodgers is being verbally attacked at training camp. It's not his fault Favre (Faav -rey) chose this path...

what they say? lol i also think he should of played more last yr and the yr before thats how people become washed up by riding the sidelines,

isnt ironic when farve gets injured and the backup comes in the players can no longer catch the football nor run

Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
I agree Nelly, I made some comments on another WI thread about it last night. I'm sick of it already. There are much more important things that should be dominating the news than a drama queen (king) who apparently can't make up his mind. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,414 times
At least it's not wall-to-wall coverage today and, so far, I haven't seen any "Breaking News" (that's the part that really got my goat). Of course, once football season gets into full swing, I bet it'll be another over the top, Brett-o-rama drama, pre-empting entire schedules left and right. Oh boy! Oh joy!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what they say? lol i also think he should of played more last yr and the yr before thats how people become washed up by riding the sidelines,

isnt ironic when farve gets injured and the backup comes in the players can no longer catch the football nor run
Favre to blame for nasty divorce - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
The fourth-year quarterback paused during an individual drill late in the Green Bay Packers’ training camp practice Tuesday afternoon and spied a little boy, maybe 6, among the hundreds of spectators lining the Oneida Street side of Clarke Hinkle Field. “We don’t love you,” the kid said. “You suck.”
Rodgers didn’t respond to the taunt, nor did he acknowledge the pockets of fans chanting “we want Brett” and “bring back Favre” at sporadic points during the practice. But given the way things had played out since a certain legendary quarterback’s dramatic return to Titletown less than 48 hours earlier, there was an obvious message that should have been delivered to the kids – and the people acting like them – going to pieces over the messy divorce between the Packers and Brett Favre.
I wish the writer could have reported "the kid received a severe reprimand for speaking that way to an adult." Maybe even a spanking....

Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,204 times
Thank goodness there are at least some sane people in WI! We were beginning to think we were the only ones. Now granted, we are here temporarily, but still have been here 2 years and OMG! The obsession is unbelievable. And we thought New England fans were crazed. At least we understand that players come and go, it's a business, and no, the players are not part of our family.

I was really hoping he'd go to the Vikings just so he could come back and play the season opener at Lambeau, and hopefully kick some Packer butt, but no such luck.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 PM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Coming from Illinois where Cub and Bear fans are somewhat over the top, nothing like the Packer mania. I like football and basketball alot, watch alot of different teams but common sense should rule at some point and time!

They did break into the national news tonight to bring the announcement from Cleveland I couldn't believe it. There was one story I was particularly interested in and they did get back to Charlie Gibson just in time for me to catch that story. As I said before, enough already!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Well, he's a NY Jet now.

Satisfied???

lol

Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Thank goodness there are at least some sane people in WI! We were beginning to think we were the only ones. Now granted, we are here temporarily, but still have been here 2 years and OMG! The obsession is unbelievable. And we thought New England fans were crazed. At least we understand that players come and go, it's a business, and no, the players are not part of our family.

I was really hoping he'd go to the Vikings just so he could come back and play the season opener at Lambeau, and hopefully kick some Packer butt, but no such luck.
Ha!!! I was hoping he'd go to the Vikings as well. How fun would that be, him on our rival team....ooooo, I could just envision all the fights!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:03 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin