Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 PM

7 posts, read 32,750 times

Advertisements

if you are used to the being warm and seeing the sun then wisconsin would e quite a shock....the winters are COLD...seldom over 30 from dec to feb and often times only single digits or below without the windchill...its overcast more than sunny...does not get warm enough to plant flowers till may and will have frost warnings by the end of august....summers are 70's,80's maybe a couple days of 90 and above but doesnt last long. major problem with underage drinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 04:11 PM

653 posts, read 3,409,094 times
When I DID live in Wisconsin (Appleton), i will say that it wasn't the cold winters or the snow that bothered me so much--it was the amount of overcast (dreary days). And not only in the winter. I remember periods of up to 14 or 15 days with NO sunshine. It didn't even rain that much-just lots of sunless days. Now here in Las Vegas I sometimes "Long" for a cloudy day just for a change!!

Old 04-01-2007, 04:10 PM

7 posts, read 32,750 times
Default its beyond dark and dreary !!!!!!!!

I never realized how much I could miss having sunshine.......lived in the south for 28 years....have been here for 7 and am ready to head south..I NEED more sunshine...I want to plant flowers in Feb ..instead of May...when its summer I want to wear shorts and not get chilled when what little sun goes behind a cloud !!!! It has been overcast now for 5 days and the forecast for the next 5 days is the same......UGH !!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 02:10 PM

23 posts, read 99,296 times
Default rent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by svu_1970 View Post
i cant buy a condo im looking to rent could you give me some numbers for places that are 3 beds or more and the rent doesnt go over 700. monthly?
that except pets also.... thanks ill be waiting i would take anything that is nice looking and if heats including that is way to cool....thanks again
Or even Augusta, Wisconsin would be nice to live in.....thanks again
Well, I live in Eau Claire right now and I'm not sure where you're looking in WI. But with this being a college town, rent for a 3 bedroom in town will be more than 700. But if you don't mind commuting, you can find good housing in Chippewa Falls, Altoona, and other surrounding towns for around that price. Just make sure you're not getting electric heat. Most places don't anymore, but there are still a few random older apt. that have it and they get really expensive in the winter.
Plus with all of the new construnction around here, from Chippewa to the far side of Eau Claire it takes 15 going the speed limit (65).

Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 PM

19 posts, read 83,112 times
Default Still here

I was the one that originally started this thread over a year ago. I continue to stick it out here since I have a very good job, however, the SoCal is getting worse. The local states of Nevada and Arizona are cracking down on illegals so they are flooding into california even worse. There are a large number of hospitals in my area that have gone bankrupt and closed down, the wait in the emergency rooms of the ones that are open is minimum of 6 hours. The smog is worse, the heat is all great, but its getting out of hand in the summer in some areas. This last summer we hit 115 degrees where I live. Its just as unbarabel as the winters of wisconsin in that you cant leave your home. In the month of september my electric bill hit over 1000 bucks due to loans on electricity has done with neighboring states a few years back. Traffic is beyond bad here and my personnal commute is rated the seventh worse commute in the US. There is only normal good temperature or extremely hot. There are no seasons here in SoCal. You dont see snow or get to experience fall, etc. Its somewhat depressing when Christmas hits and people are still swimming in their pools or wearing shorts. It just doesnt feel like the holidays.

The graffitti is everywhere, the murders, rapes and crime here is so far out of hand that there are areas that the police dont even go to. They are even killing police on a daily basis. People are numb to this sort of lifestyle and dont blink an eye at all the crime. There was a bad accident on the freeway about three months ago and as I pulled up, everyone just drove around this poor guy as they were headed to work and me and my buddy were the only ones to jump out to help. What the hell is wrong with all these self-centered californians. I hate to even be considered one of them to be honest. Everyone just wants tans, fancy cars and boob jobs here. Good quality family life is something that is not on the want list for most people here. Both parents work here in 90% of the homes and its because they care less about raising good kids then making money for their BMW. And then people wonder why there is so much crime and killings by their kids...No one is raising them....

I still plan on moving, but the housing market has tanked here and selling your home in this market is suicide if you can prevent it.

--==StormGod==--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin