Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:52 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
not if it's every 4-5 months on a wed
So then what about Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 03:05 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,203,529 times
Of course you can...

Old 05-02-2010, 03:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
So then what about Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays?
no mondays, or fridays, only tuesdays, wednesdays, and thursdays

Old 05-02-2010, 03:15 PM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times
More rules from the uninformed.

I guess that since I have a Dr's. appointment every 3rd Friday (the only time he's in his local office) that I should be thankful I stilll have a job. Nevermind that I have 300+ days of accrued sick leave.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:20 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,035,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I think it's foolish to not use a benefit that is given to you, although I guess it's different if you get to cash it out at some point. We did not get to cash out sick leave at one of my jobs [that I held for nearly seven years], so I called in when I felt that I needed to, for whatever reason--more so when I decided that I was going to leave. Still had a ton of it left when I finally quit, I wish I had called in sick more often! It was not the type of job where it was a big deal if someone wasn't there, and I spent my share of time over those years helping out when someone else wasn't there or when we were otherwise shorthanded, so I didn't feel bad about calling in sick whenever I felt like it.
But you have to be careful with that. My brother has a lot of sick time built up. His hospital just closed and he will lose it all. He should have just taken it all.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:35 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
But you have to be careful with that. My brother has a lot of sick time built up. His hospital just closed and he will lose it all. He should have just taken it all.
How? By calling in fake sick?

Sick leave is insurance if you're sick so you don't lose pay if you can't come to work. It's not like vacation time, although some places do treat sick leave the same as vacation, which makes no sense to me.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 PM

34 posts, read 108,119 times
To each their own on this one. That said, I prefer to only call in sick when I REALLY need to. Honestly if there is somewhere I would rather be than at work I just ask if I can have it off. I have found that by being open and honest things work out for me.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Fellow worker. Why did you called in sick. Senus. You mean you had sinus. No I was out the night before with another woman and my wife seen us. True story

Old 11-14-2010, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,406 times
I work for a private school and the director will call you back if you call in sick and demand you come into work...because they don't have enough staff. It's not our fault they can't keep teachers. Isn't there a law in Va about that? They can't call you back and demand you come in..can they? They do this to everyone even if you never called in sick before.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:35 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
I work for a private school and the director will call you back if you call in sick and demand you come into work...because they don't have enough staff. It's not our fault they can't keep teachers. Isn't there a law in Va about that? They can't call you back and demand you come in..can they? They do this to everyone even if you never called in sick before.
Well usually if someone calls out on a Monday or Friday it's a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment