Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 06:38 PM

23,562 posts, read 24,082,840 times

Advertisements

I knew of an (dumb) employee who was angry at our boss and screamed at him in front of other employees at a meeting. He was terminated the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 06:54 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,922,663 times
I guess Ive worked at mostly boring places. The vast majority of those who got let go were due to lack of work or conflict with supervisor. Those fired for cause were such mundane things as theft or falsifying expense records.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:58 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,105,741 times
One guy I've worked with was caught sleeping on the job and they've fired him on the spot or another lady I've worked with stole $100 out of a wallet that she found on the floor while on her shift, the owner of the wallet wanted her money back and they've got it on camera.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:31 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,266,713 times
Kid came in on a weekend and stole a couple of laptops. Didn’t realize the badge he was given logged the day and time used...

Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,552,013 times
Use a work computer to solicit a teenager for sex.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:14 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,192,714 times

Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 AM

45,452 posts, read 60,653,733 times
Just remembered one from teaching. First day of inservice for a brand new teacher. She was going to have to co-teach with me and I had a bad feeling from the get go. Anyway, after lunch she asked me who that guy standing over there was. It was an Assistant Superintendent. She fast walked down the hall while yelling at him about unacceptable conditions. I hung back to watch. It was ugly.

She didn't return for the second day.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,975,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Kid came in on a weekend and stole a couple of laptops. Didn’t realize the badge he was given logged the day and time used...
My neighbor's teenage son got his first job at Dillard's in loss prevention. His main duty was to watch the surveillance cameras to detect shoplifters and alert store management/police when shoplifting occurred. After he'd worked there a while, his store hired another employee for the same position to cover him on his days off, and he was in charge of training the new employee to do surveillance of the surveillance cameras. The new employee apparently wasn't bright enough to comprehend what his job duties were, or even the simple fact that there were cameras everywhere watching everything, because soon after he was hired, he started shoplifting clothes from the men's department Not only was the employee fired, his brief entry into the world of work was marred by a felony conviction.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:00 AM

9,009 posts, read 13,849,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
One was sad...

A young mom and good worker did a dumb thing... on her break she took a selfie of her at work and posted it saying "Loving my Job" it got her fired... her screen was up and it was a HIPAA violation.

One of the college kids got a part time job at Safeway as a courtesy clerk... she was bagging and a bag of Halloween Candy spilled... she is on camera passing them out and even eating one.

The Union went to bat for her... she had suspension and had to pay restitution for "Grazing" the job was never the same for her... she liked it a lot and the hours were good but her dumb mistake.

She was told she should have cleaned up the spill and immediately reported it to her supervisor... who could have tossed it or put it in the break room or donated it...
What is wrong with passing out candy?

Some of exams in here are not the result of employer mistakes but dumb employers and bosses

Old 11-06-2017, 07:12 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,058,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What is wrong with passing out candy?

Some of exams in here are not the result of employer mistakes but dumb employers and bosses
The candy was store property, not the property of the employee.

Yes, it had broken and spilled, so it wasn’t salable. Retail stores have a markdown process for this though, where they account for damaged gods. If you don’t follow the procedure, it looks like a potential theft issue from an inventory point of view.

The amount of money involved was probably pretty minor. The problem is lack of judgment and disregard foe procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment