Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
So as long as you sign up for something, you can't advocate for better quality of what you signed up for?

What universe do you live in where that's the case?

It's people who stand up and push for these types of things that have led to better working conditions and regulations for people like you and I. You should be thankful, as opposed to a callous critic.
You can but people aren't going to feel bad for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 01:58 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,476,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Well then, I hope she enjoys her really ****ty job in the great area of CO.
I'll accept this as your concession. "I have no valid response, therefore I'll put down your fiance".

That's what it was all about for you this entire time. Schadenfreude.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
You can but people aren't going to feel bad for you.
No, no, correction. Paid shills on CDF like yourself will continue to push that agenda. There are plenty of people in the real world who empathize for and support teacher pay increases.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
No, no, correction. Paid shills on CDF like yourself will continue to push that agenda. There are plenty of people in the real world who empathize for and support teacher pay increases.
And many who don't

It's like becoming a garbageman and then wanting people to feel bad for you that you pick up people's garbage. You signed up for that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a garbageman but don't sign up for something and then complain that you don't like what you signed up for.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
And many who don't

It's like becoming a garbageman and then wanting people to feel bad for you that you pick up people's garbage. You signed up for that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a garbageman but don't sign up for something and then complain that you don't like what you signed up for.
Your brain just doesn't comprehend what this is about. It's about bringing awareness to the situation and gaining more support from the voters who help determine the budget that your salary and resources, as an educator, come out of. I am not a teacher, and I've never been a teacher, but yet I'm advocating for better pay for teachers. Why? Because I'm a voter and I have the ability to make a difference.

Last edited by Left-handed; 03-16-2018 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-16-2018, 02:05 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,430,666 times
Quote:
I'll accept this as your concession. "I have no valid response, therefore I'll put down your fiance".

That's what it was all about for you this entire time. Schadenfreude.
Do you realize how you sound going around using words like Schadenfreude over and over again?

It’s hilarious. No one talks like that in general conversation.

I’m not really putting your wife down so much as I’m saying there’s nothing people can do to help her situation. So you moved to a super desireable area where the school district doesn’t need to compete to attract and retain qualified applicants.

What do you want us to say? Sorry?

The same thing happens in my profession. The big four accounting firms have every bright young kid throwing themselves at them to get their foot in the door for the honor of working 70 hour weeks. Great, you went to school for 5 years, and had to pass one of the hardest licensing exams in the world to get treated like dog**** for 50k.

But people push through it and move on and make more money elsewhere after they can command a different situation instead of sitting around With a woe is me take and demanding more money...because

Old 03-16-2018, 02:06 PM

Also I don't have a problem with teachers getting a pay increase IF they deserve it. Many do. A lot don't.

Simply saying "I teach children" doesn't entitle you to a pay increase.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Do you realize how you sound going around using words like Schadenfreude over and over again?

I’m not really putting your wife down so much as I’m saying there’s nothing people can do to help her situation. So you moved to a super desireable area where the school district doesn’t need to compete to attract and retain qualified applicants.

I'm sorry. Did you have to look up a new word? Schadenfreude is a pretty common term to describe a scenario such as this.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:16 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,430,666 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. Did you have to look up a new word? Schadenfreude is a pretty common term to describe a scenario such as this.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:

The same thing happens in my profession. The big four accounting firms have every bright young kid throwing themselves at them to get their foot in the door for the honor of working 70 hour weeks. Great, you went to school for 5 years, and had to pass one of the hardest licensing exams in the world to get treated like dog**** for 50k.

But people push through it and move on and make more money elsewhere after they can command a different situation instead of sitting around With a woe is me take and demanding more money...because
I think I love you, ThisIsRight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment