Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 03:08 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,914,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
OP sounds like a bit of a clown. What are you a recruiter or something?

I'm in Boston, I'm a hiring manager with 14 direct reports across two teams. I've interviewed a fair amount of people for my position. Have one open now and am in the process. It sounds like the positions you are interviewing for are low caliber that attract those types of people. Never have I had someone come close to any of those things. I've interviewed 20 something interns to late 50's experienced professionals.

Let me put it this way, it is kind of obvious that the OP is insecure and needs this outlet to feel as if he has some power/control.

And I'll say this when it comes to his "rules", when I was moving from NY to Boston I had a few interviews lined up in one day. One of the interviews went really well and I stayed late and then hit traffic on my way to another. It was the very end of the day, well after 5pm and I was very late. I of course called the hiring mgr and told her the situation. She was extremely understanding. When I arrived, everyone but her and another 2 people had left for the day. I of course felt bad for the lateness and it totally played in my favor. It was a great interview and I got the offer, turned it down and then she increased the salary - I ended up turning that down too.

OP is obviously not dealing with professionals and for whatever reason (i.e. insecurity) needs to create his little list of weirdness. You da man OP...all powerful interviewer who everyone is desperate to impress.

Wow you make a lot of assumptions that are simply not true.

I already explained this is not a low level job and what's more, it's a remote based job, which means the candidate has to be extra reliable and professional and trusted to do their work at home mostly un-supervised.

I agree this is all weirdness, but it's certainly not MY weirdness. Thus the point of my post.

Last edited by sinatras; 05-10-2018 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessmanit View Post
young workers these days have a lot of demands. Get used to it. Oh, and they don't listen if you try to correct them. If you fire them or don't hire them, they still don't get the message. Again, the new normal.
great!

Old 05-10-2018, 03:10 PM

352 posts, read 326,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!! Hey was that you who starting bad-mouthing Trump! Guess what? YOU ARE NOT HIRED!
So you base your hiring on political beliefs? That's probably why you have such trouble attracting good candidates. What does their political position have to do with working for you?

Plus, who talks about politics during an interview?

Old 05-10-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
My answers above
Nannies are a lot cheaper in Tampa. Everyone I know in Tampa (with kids) who works has one.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:11 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,781,873 times
Quote:
great!
I'm glad you think that's good news!

Old 05-10-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
So you base your hiring on political beliefs? That's probably why you have such trouble attracting good candidates. What does their political position have to do with working for you?

Plus, who talks about politics during an interview?
Um, no. I base my hiring decisions on someone who is stupid enough to bring up politics during an interview. I don't care what their politics are. If they bring up politics during an interview they are not getting hired.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
I'm glad you think that's good news!
I was being sarcastic.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:41 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,781,873 times
Quote:
I was being sarcastic.
Got it.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:01 PM

1,063 posts, read 701,930 times
Florida

/Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 04:31 PM

5,488 posts, read 4,500,622 times
Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!! Hey was that you who starting bad-mouthing Trump! Guess what? YOU ARE NOT HIRED!
Since you brought it up, will you decline someone who bad mouths Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment