Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 PM

311 posts, read 915,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Here is my update. I went throug the process with Alpine Access and have been accepted to work from home. This is a very legit company that pays by the hour and not per minute. You are actually an employee of theirs not a contractor. Now, they only hire in certain states TX, CO and not sure which others. I used to apply in CA and then got a message that they were not hiring in my state. As soon as I updated my app and address to TX, I got an email to continue with the process. And a process it is. Computer and personality assessments.
You say are in CA and now you are in TX? Did you move to TX? I am confused. I have applied to all sorts of companies like this over the last 2 yrs and have yet to be accepted, even though I have a great deal of experience. Its very discouraging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh380 View Post
This is something the government (schools) need to change drastically. As a single mother for many years and knowing the employment industry and corporate America...what job gets out at 2pm daily? And this is what is the CAUSE of so many of us seeking BALANCE...it's because we're set up to fail from the beginning and therefore it cannot exist. People are not lazy just burdened by these types of systems we pay dearly for in our tax base (ours is over 14K per year and the only thing I utilize is the public school...

If you've ever read the "No Child Left Behind" policy from Bush...you would be truly appalled and the language suggests that parents who are not available to feed their child a nutritious snack at or around 3pm are in clear need of support and describe the children as "at risk". Truly ridiculous. Most corporate roles work from 8 to 5 at a minimum...so our choices to balance our lives are what exactly?

Teachers unions aside...wouldn't it make LOGICAL SENSE to...oh let's say in a school district that has 3 elementary schools that instead of by block for the purposes of busing, that there is an early (7am to 2:30pm); a mid (8:30 am to 4pm) and a late 9:30 to 5:30 pm choice for schools....so that the district (government) serves the people (both children and parents) and is not governed by teacher unions or stupid government snack programs. Obviously there would still be needs for before/after care but it would put many of us on a better balance...we might actually have dinner with our kids after work and feel less guilt, etc. And while my hours or my idea may not be exact, what is needed is real change so people will stop feeling guilty, will be able to work and be productive and be great parents too...it's all about the hours...and it can be done.

Politicians and school systems must remember, we all don't work on farms or in factories anymore and these policies are antiquated and do not fit with our societal demands at all.

Comments encouraged! This is my rant....too!
It is certainly frustrating. You are a "bad" mom if you work and leave your children to be "raised" by someone else, yet what are you to do? You are also "bad" if you stay home and need gov't help. This issue is compounded by deadbeat parents that don't help and the gov't is overloaded with the work it takes to handle that load.

I could go on and on. It is a major pet peeve of mine. You try to do the right thing and get roadblocks or slams from every way you turn.

There is no easy answer, yet those who do not experience this try to push their opinions as to how it should be done. "You shouldn't have had children", "if you have children, you should stay home and raise them", "get a job, any job"...

There are way too many factors at play for there to be a simple answer and it is NOT always the mother's fault.

I tried the survey thing. Zillions of requests for surveys-90% of them I didn't qualify for and that was after answering a bunch of questions. Tons of spam comes with it and if you do qualify, it is maybe a buck or two or better yet a chance at a prize that will probably never be awarded. Ah, well. On to the next idea...

Good luck.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:13 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
You say are in CA and now you are in TX? Did you move to TX? I am confused. I have applied to all sorts of companies like this over the last 2 yrs and have yet to be accepted, even though I have a great deal of experience. Its very discouraging.

I'm sorry I was living in CA and applied but they didn't hire in CA so when I moved to TX I updated my application and got in.

Don't give up, there are legit ones out there!!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 PM

952 posts, read 3,705,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
This isn't exactly "working from home" but I have a friend who does this and makes great money. She's a pet sitter. She mostly walks dogs mid-day while their owners are at work. She walks about 15 dogs/day and charges $16-20/visit. She also visits cats, does vacation visits and will board up to 5 dogs at her house (at $30/day). She's making great money. And on a regular workday, she's out the door around 10AM and home around 2PM.

My sister in law does the same thing...do we have the same person...?
She lives in Delaware

Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,801 times
Hi,
I am a new member to this forum.I would appreciate it if you would pass the information on this me about the work from home job. I have been looking for almost a year and I have been scammed a few times. I am just believing GOD for change. My husband and I have a baby and he is the only one working right now.It would help us out so much,if I could bring in a some sort of income.

Thanks so much,

Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,395 times
Default Hi

HI iam looking for work from home jobs from 2 years iam tired in searching. can you pass the infomation
my mail id is njina4@gmail.com

thanku

Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
This one is legitimate, it's been posted. on the site there are severl other work at home jobs

WAHM.com Jobs

Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,801 times
Default Please help

Hi,
My name is Frannie Shear. I am new to the forum. I have been searching for a work from home job for almost a year. I have been scammed a couple of times but I refuse to give up. I am interested in learning about your job and how to apply for a work from home position. Please email this information to me.

Thanks so much,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesWhatUmakeOfIt View Post
I am working from home for this company since January and I LOVE it, there is no fees to you besides getting a USB Headset and having a fast internet connection.
It is all about customer service, you set your own hours and they pay you every two weeks, THEY ARE NEVER LATE!, the first three months they send you a check by mail and afterwords you can request Direct Deposit. You do have to work a minimum of 12 hours a week and after a while they will let you work up to 40 hours a week. They pay hourly and also you have bonuses (there is no sales).
Since I can't give you their website here you could just private message me.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!! And I am still looking for another opportunities to add to my schedule and you guys are really helping here! Thank you so much!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:19 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilse View Post
HI iam looking for work from home jobs from 2 years iam tired in searching. can you pass the infomation
my mail id is njina4@gmail.com

thanku
.................................................. ................

This was emailed to you, Subject: request from "you can work at home" forum.

http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/lr?70

Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM

19 posts, read 68,936 times
Please send me the information too. pici_98@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment