Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM

983 posts, read 4,445,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
I am very interested to see what happens with this as I am considering applying. Please let us know what happens. I am wondering if they pick and choose based upon the hours that you say you are available, i.e. they pick those first who say they are available 8 hours every day.

Update: Alpine was a waste of my time. Have not heard back. But glad to report that I just did my drug test for West At Home, and one of their clients need people bad and have many schedules open. WAH is even offering a training bonus if completed within next 30 days.
Somebody had a question about Alpine and if they don't hire you right away due to yr schedule request. Well I had no schedule limits but she told me after the interview that all she had was IT support which is not my specialty. Again, why interview me if you don't have jobs!!

I did notice something strange with Alpine, I logged in and got a message about updating the application and everyone needed to reapply! NOT!!

I feel really confident about West and don't think they will put you through a drug screening and leave you hanging after that. Will keep you all posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 PM

36,454 posts, read 16,059,117 times
Wow great thread, I am unemployed at the moment and really, really want to work from home due to personal reasons. This is great information. I will look into some of it and share what I learn.

Thanks,
TAS

Old 01-02-2009, 08:20 PM

542 posts, read 1,451,183 times
i don't work from home, nor do i have kids or any reaason to work from home, but i appreciate that you are conciderate enough to post this information to help other people.

thank you lindsay

Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Update: I started applying with West At Home around the beginning of Dec. Think I completed all my new hire paperwork Dec 11th. Things were kind of quiet for a couple weeks then on Dec 30th I got a congratulations email. Well I did my drug screen on Jan 2nd and Jan 3rd I completed my computer check, direct deposit info and can start skill training as soon as my background clears.

So, overall I would say it was a month process. And yes, they have very legit well known clients. Like one of those overnight pkg delivery companies, and a major toy retailer.

Now Alpine is another story. I can only say based on experience proceed with caution. The "I should have something coming up in a week or two" has turned into two months!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,872 times
I read on another thread that someone had tried ChaCha. Does anyone know if that is a scam? Thank you for your time and energy! I have been searching for solutions to make some money while at home.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:00 PM

Got my 1st paycheck alread for the training hours!!

Old 01-18-2009, 02:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurltotx View Post
Got my 1st paycheck alread for the training hours!!
Hi caligurltotx,

I sent my mom info about WAH. She completed some of their online tests but never got a call back or an email (as far as I know). She's pretty slow with the computer. Maybe that was the problem. Did you get any kind of confirmation when you finished with their questionnaires?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 AM

323 posts, read 1,792,451 times
Trying to Revive this thread.... has anyone done work from home where they actually make a good income?
A few cents here and there doesnt pay if you have many financial responsibilities.
What about self employment?
How about Vending machines? Are those scams?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,616,125 times
Thank you thank you thank you. You are a wonderful person! I pray for you that have all that you ever need and possibly want out of life. Many many blessings to you.

Many time people will ask for my assistance in the cleaning industry. My business died a miserable death, however I still talk to people. They say, why don't you consult and charge money for your advice based on your experience. And I go, why? I like helping people.

And many thanks to you and those like you that enjoy helping people without money to compensate you for your ideas and knowledge. Oh you're so wonderful. I like you.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM

840 posts, read 3,471,221 times
Default Focus (research groups)

MarketsDirectory.com - Your source to locate marketing research suppliers around the world (http://focusgroups.com/visits/1q08USmkts.htm - broken link)

THE MARKETS DIRECTORY -- MARKETING RESEARCH, FOCUS GROUPS, FIELD SERVICES, MODERATORS, MARKET RESEARCH FULL SERVICE SUPPLIERS IN THE U.S. AND AROUND THE WORLD

Find Focus Groups

This one gives you the good (and bad ones to stay away from) Welcome to DWYTO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment