Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 07:31 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times

Advertisements

Nograviti, Japan is the most racist country on earth by a wide margin. They're also the most polite people, but many of them truly believe themselves to be superior. That is the very definition of racism.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:01 AM

861 posts, read 852,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Nograviti, Japan is the most racist country on earth by a wide margin. They're also the most polite people, but many of them truly believe themselves to be superior. That is the very definition of racism.
Have you even been there or do you speak Japanese? I assure you the average white American is far more racist than a Japanese person in my experience.

I think the reason why the average Caucasian gets so hot under the collar about the Japanese is because when they visit, it is often the first time where they have been to a place where being white doesn't always afford you special privileges. Not being the centre of the world or being the default sucks..

As for attitudes of superiority have you watched a trump rally or read the views of alt-right?

Old 09-12-2016, 04:19 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,504,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Have you even been there or do you speak Japanese? I assure you the average white American is far more racist than a Japanese person in my experience.

I think the reason why the average Caucasian gets so hot under the collar about the Japanese is because when they visit, it is often the first time where they have been to a place where being white doesn't always afford you special privileges. Not being the centre of the world or being the default sucks..

As for attitudes of superiority have you watched a trump rally or read the views of alt-right?
In east Asia as a whole, whites are nothing more than walking dollar signs. Which is why they get "privileges". I actually find the Japanese and Korean's to be nicer than most east Asians, they seem far more interested in you than how much money is in your wallet.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 09-12-2016 at 05:23 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:

I have been there. Kyoto is one of my favorite cities in the world. I do more business with them than with Americans and I guarantee you that they believe themselves superior to you. They are polite about it, but try going to a local onsen without a Japanese host or even a good number of bars that are not tourist oriented. Try marrying one and see how the family treats you.

How much understanding do you have of Japanese culture? Personally there is a lot to like, but I know where outsiders stand. Don't kid yourself.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:19 AM

Trump supporters are a segment of society. I'm referring to an overwhelming vast majority of Japanese.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I have been there. Kyoto is one of my favorite cities in the world. I do more business with them than with Americans and I guarantee you that they believe themselves superior to you. They are polite about it, but try going to a local onsen without a Japanese host or even a good number of bars that are not tourist oriented. Try marrying one and see how the family treats you.

How much understanding do you have of Japanese culture? Personally there is a lot to like, but I know where outsiders stand. Don't kid yourself.
Try marrying into a good old fashioned wasp family as a person of colour and see how the family reacts.

Once you move past any PC type behaviour assuming there is any, the treatment meted out is largely the same in my experience..

Old 09-12-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Trump supporters are a segment of society. I'm referring to an overwhelming vast majority of Japanese.
If Trump wins, which I think he will do, that segment of society is larger than you are insinuating...

Old 09-12-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Try marrying into a good old fashioned wasp family as a person of colour and see how the family reacts.

Once you move past any PC type behaviour assuming there is any, the treatment meted out is largely the same in my experience..
What happened to Japan being so tolerant?

There's nothing to base this on other life experiences, but a black marrying into a white American family is going to be more accepted by the new family than a guyjin marrying into a Japanese family. If it happens to be a Chinese person marrying into a Japanese family, there is a good chance of being disowned.

What are talking about with white women getting hot under the collar in Japan? Most of the people who travel to Japan are sophisticated enough to understand the cultural differences. I've never witnessed what you describe.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
If I started a thread looking for the best white country for a white person to live, I'd labeled a racist by the second post.
Whites in a majority of the world are privileged people in the way they are treated. Black people deal with a type of racism that people wouldn't understand unless they were Black.

I don't know why people don't want to accept this truth.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:42 AM

8 posts, read 9,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Whites in a majority of the world are privileged people in the way they are treated. Black people deal with a type of racism that people wouldn't understand unless they were Black.

I don't know why people don't want to accept this truth.
Not everywhere, perhaps in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World