Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 01:40 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times

Advertisements

Dating is boring, so I dunno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM

449 posts, read 641,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
In Newcastle you have to buy them a bottle of 'Newcastle brown' and buy them a bag of chips.

I don't need "dating" to spend a good moment ....

Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 PM

545 posts, read 866,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I like that, I imagine it differs quite a bit from the stereotypical Latin American style, where men tend to be flashy and try to impress/charm a girl with both his money, style, looks, personality.etc. I also like the idea of just sleeping together but not necessarily having sex straight away, I think it creates a somewhat more chaste closeness.
After 10 pints a restaurant and a kebab I understand why But morning sex is here to solve the problem.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
I also like the idea of just sleeping together but not necessarily having sex straight away, I think it creates a somewhat more chaste closeness.
I'd feel gay as hell

Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,810,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'd feel gay as hell
Why you can't sleep next to a woman without having the strong urge to stick your dick in her?

So you'll be expecting sex every night with your wife or SO if you slept in the same bed?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Why you can't sleep next to a woman without having the strong urge to stick your dick in her?

So you'll be expecting sex every night with your wife or SO if you slept in the same bed?

First off, you cannot equate a wife to a girl you just met. I would feel really gay if I was just sleeping next to a girl I just met.

Either way, it's very rare that I just sleep next to a girlfriend I have. I wouldn't go for just sleeping, and neither would they.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 AM

409 posts, read 588,322 times
Quote:
First off, you cannot equate a wife to a girl you just met. I would feel really gay if I was just sleeping next to a girl I just met.

Either way, it's very rare that I just sleep next to a girlfriend I have. I wouldn't go for just sleeping, and neither would they.
I think this is very odd. You only think of women as objects for intercourse?

I slept with plenty of women without having intercourse. Or sometimes it was "in between" (no intercourse per se but maybe some sexual activity). I even slept with platonic female friends on a few occasions, just because someone needed a bed. Not a big deal.

I just "slept" with an ex-GF not too long ago. She was close to my apartment, kind of drunk, and needed a place to sleep for the night. I let her in and she shared my bed, no funny stuff. I don't get why this is a big deal.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard111 View Post
I think this is very odd. You only think of women as objects for intercourse?

I slept with plenty of women without having intercourse. Or sometimes it was "in between" (no intercourse per se but maybe some sexual activity). I even slept with platonic female friends on a few occasions, just because someone needed a bed. Not a big deal.

I just "slept" with an ex-GF not too long ago. She was close to my apartment, kind of drunk, and needed a place to sleep for the night. I let her in and she shared my bed, no funny stuff. I don't get why this is a big deal.

No I don't. I have a girlfriend who sleeps over 5 or 6 times a week, I couldn't imagine her just wanting to sleep.. she would never go for that. Are you the only one who initiates in your relationships or what? If my girlfriend came over half drunk and I didn't make a move, she would.

I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a bed with a platonic female friend. Hell, I wouldn't want to share a bed with a guy friend either and I sure wouldn't be making any moves on them. Don't you have a couch in your house?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM

409 posts, read 588,322 times
Quote:
No I don't. I have a girlfriend who sleeps over 5 or 6 times a week, I couldn't imagine her just wanting to sleep.. she would never go for that. Are you the only one who initiates in your relationships or what? If my girlfriend came over half drunk and I didn't make a move, she would.
It was an ex-GF. I didn't "make a move" because I don't try and have random sex with all my friends. And, in any case, we are both in other relationships.

And frankly I don't want to "make a move". Why would I want to have sex with some person just because she's in my bed?
Quote:
I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a bed with a platonic female friend. Hell, I wouldn't want to share a bed with a guy friend either and I sure wouldn't be making any moves on them. Don't you have a couch in your house?
Of course I have a couch but a bed is more comfortable. If I've seen someone naked and had tons of sex with her already, why would we be so creeped out about sharing a bed together? She was just wearing some old sweatshirt of mine; not a big deal.

And, no, dudes aren't sleeping in my bed, but if there were no other option, I wouldn't have some huge problem with this either. Sleeping and sex are obviously different.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Cultural differences, then.

In Finland it's completely normal for young people to share beds, as their apartments are often crampy and if 4 people are staying over, you don't have any choices. I've shared a bed with most of my female friends, and many times with male friends too. Has something happened instead of sleeping when sharing a bed with female friends? Yes, sometimes. Most times not. And it's also normal to have unisex saunas among friends, especially among the younger generations. Yes. I've also seen most of my female friends nude.

Guess all this isn't as stigmatized here. Some people are uncomfortable with all this, but most aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World