Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

If you don't agree with me than you live in the dark ages!

Lol... yup

pretty much sums up the behavior of some of these posters.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
If you don't agree with me than you live in the dark ages!

Lol... yup

pretty much sums up the behavior of some of these posters.
You got that right. Burning for eternity for not sharing a belief, is as dark as it gets.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:04 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
It doesn't really matter what worldview you hold. If you mock as "medieval" anything that stands apart from a consensus used to naturalize our understanding of origins -- formulated by naturalists for the cause of naturalism -- you are arguing from said authority.
So in other words, you had no idea who you were replying to when you made that daft accusation. the only person in this thread I see arguing from any sort of authority is you. You have made many accusations to anyone who hasn't agreed with YOUR world view and as witnessed, you're doing so without knowing what you are talking about so yes, it does matter what world view me or anyone else holds. If it didn't matter, why would you even bother to reply? And again, you're putting words in my posts. When did I say anything about naturalist or naturalism?

Old 10-06-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You got that right. Burning for eternity for not sharing a belief, is as dark as it gets.
Thank you! At least someone understands why I said that. Anyone who has the audacity to tell someone else such a thing has no right to get bent out of shape when the shoe is put on the other foot.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:13 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
While I knew it somehow all along, before joining C-D I wasn't aware how all-pervasive religious beliefs were in the US. People have religious statuses, refer to Christianity/god all the time, and are sincerely offended when you speak against them. And I don't even visit the religion forums, but get all this from the world/europe forums. On the weather forum somebody even asked if climate change is the work of satan.

When religion is all around you, it must be really difficult to think outside the box and deny all those religious things.

For an European, the ever-existant religiosity feels only as foul.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:14 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
So in other words, you had no idea who you were replying to when you made that daft accusation. the only person in this thread I see arguing from any sort of authority is you. You have made many accusations to anyone who hasn't agreed with YOUR world view and as witnessed, you're doing so without knowing what you are talking about so yes, it does matter what world view me or anyone else holds. If it didn't matter, why would you even bother to reply? And again, you're putting words in my posts. When did I say anything about naturalist or naturalism?
Read my comment again because you've not understood it. The objection is directed against the ideas you defend. Your world view is irrelevant.

Last edited by Hightower72; 10-06-2014 at 02:31 PM..

Old 10-06-2014, 01:19 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
While I knew it somehow all along, before joining C-D I wasn't aware how all-pervasive religious beliefs were in the US. People have religious statuses, refer to Christianity/god all the time, and are sincerely offended when you speak against them. And I don't even visit the religion forums, but get all this from the world/europe forums. On the weather forum somebody even asked if climate change is the work of satan.

When religion is all around you, it must be really difficult to think outside the box and deny all those religious things.

For an European, the ever-existant religiosity feels only as foul.
The same holds true of naturalized beliefs in every way. You're merely characterizing another kind of dogma.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Read my comment again because you've not understood it. The objection is directed against the ideas you defend. Your world view is irrelevant.
The only thing, I have said in this thread are reasons why people may hate America, you know, the original topic??? I have not spoken about my world views here, you are! In addition, you keep pointing out things that the person you're talking to never said and then try to dispute them. In essence, you're arguing with yourself over those things.

Do you have anything at all to add to the original topic of this thread yes or no?

Old 10-06-2014, 01:29 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
"Some religions are bad therefore all religions are bad." A logical fallacy worthy of the great dawkins himself.

The early Catholic church doesn't speak on my behalf.

It's funny how whatever company you keep in polite, well educated academic circles or business communities all around the world atheists are a rarity, but as soon as you go online they're everywhere.
Oh lighten up, it was a joke.

So you go around continually asking people what if any their faith is? Personally I don't, but I can say that in my circle of family and friends most I would peg as agnostic.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:34 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
I'd just like an honest opinion about this, especially from Europeans and Asians. Its like everyone is against America and has a bone to pick against it. Is it because USA is the only superpower left? Is it because USA is the watchdog of the world and interferes with other countries? Is it because its perceived as colonizing and taking over oil reserves half a world away? Is it because of economic disparity or racism, in light of recent events going on?
Also add to the mix, hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World