Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Japan vs Italy ( east Asia vs europe)
Japan 31 52.54%
Italy 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
That's called Asia, not advanced. Taiwan can do what you said as quickly as Japan does, yet I've never heard anybody described us as "advanced".
That's called Advanced....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Most advanced countries I've lived in.

1A) Japan
1B) US
2. South Korea
3. Germany
4. Italy

No high horse here if you don't like it, oh well..

Yes 10 years is an opinion, it could be more like 20 years...
How are US and Italy, even Germany advanced? The public services are not advanced and efficient at all, the US still heavily relays on cheques...

Old 02-24-2015, 09:33 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
How are US and Italy, even Germany advanced? The public services are not advanced and efficient at all, the US still heavily relays on cheques...
not true, in the US you checks are pretty much don't exist anymore... just about everyone uses bank cards or credit card, it's europe where you still see checks!

germany for example is in the dark ages... OMG YOU NEED A MOUNTAIN OF PAPER WORK FOR EVERYTHING, and there are laws, fees and appointments to even fart in the privacy of your own home!!

its insane!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:38 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
That's called Advanced....
Speed=/=Advancement, that's all I'm saying. This part of the world is really good at certain things but we're also horrific at other fields, and the bad often outweighs the good, at least in my opinion.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:55 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Advanced = standard of living, plus justice,social conditions and tolerance.

I don't see what's advanced about bank cards etc, especially the scan ones with no pin number - they feel like a step backwards.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
not true, in the US you checks are pretty much don't exist anymore... just about everyone uses bank cards or credit card, it's europe where you still see checks!

germany for example is in the dark ages... OMG YOU NEED A MOUNTAIN OF PAPER WORK FOR EVERYTHING, and there are laws, fees and appointments to even fart in the privacy of your own home!!

its insane!
Not true.

In Europe you don't see cheques at all.

I agree about Germany. I wanted to close my bank account but to do so I had to go to the exact same office I opened it. But it was closed so I went to another one and they looked totally dumbfounded, I had to sign an allowance or something + this process took 40 mins, just wow.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:07 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Advanced = standard of living, plus justice,social conditions and tolerance.
I agree.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
In the US, you can do thing such as order pizza online, pay the majority of bills online, have mail delivered the next day from nearly every company, great cell phone cell service everywhere, and very fast internet.

Germany, Italy...I really don't talk bad about them but I can't even pay my telekom bill (German) without going to the bank...The store doesn't have that option.

As for Japan, you can pay bill at local corner stores if you have the bill....

It doesn't take a week to realize who's advanced and who's lagging...

Living in Europe now is like living in 1998 USA.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
In the US, you can do thing such as order pizza online, pay the majority of bills online, have mail delivered the next day from nearly every company, great cell phone cell service everywhere, and very fast internet.

Germany, Italy...I really don't talk bad about them but I can't even pay my telekom bill (German) without going to the bank...The store doesn't have that option.

As for Japan, you can pay bill at local corner stores if you have the bill....

It doesn't take a week to realize who's advanced and who's lagging...

Living in Europe now is like living in 1998 USA.
I don't know but I'm sure you can order pizza online pretty much anywhere...
Cell phone signal in Europe is also pretty good since Europe is relatively densely populated.
Very fast internet isn't widely available in the US and even when it is, it's insanely expensive.

Doesn't strike me as advanced, considering the amount of advanced companies the US has.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I don't know but I'm sure you can order pizza online pretty much anywhere...
Cell phone signal in Europe is also pretty good since Europe is relatively densely populated.
Very fast internet isn't widely available in the US and even when it is, it's insanely expensive.

Doesn't strike me as advanced, considering the amount of advanced companies the US has.
Internet in the US expensive compared to where? Certainly not Germany

I pay 60 dollars for DSL....something we used (earthlink) in 1996.

Also, the wages in the US are much higher than most European countries even if the internet was much more expensive...The place is a rip off....Electricity and water is ridiculously high as well.

You can't order pizza online in Germany where I'm located or pay bills in stores...

Cell phone service sucks...most of the time my phone stays at 3G and it's horrible. For a country that doesn't spend any money on defense, you'd think you'd get much more but instead you get a 1990's US...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World