Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more vibrant between them?
NYC 65 48.51%
London 69 51.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:02 PM

367 posts, read 409,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I love London, but New York, not so much. I guess old bookstores and antiques are just vibrant to me! Love London's theatres and plazas too. Food, not so vibrant.
One of the things I regret about the gentrification of both London and New York is that the antique feel of small independent shops and old book stores is disappearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 01:12 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
There are some nodes of activity, but 100,000 in the periphery during the day is probably stretching it.
100,000 out of 462,506 (533,187 including visitors).
This would mean that 80% of the workday population of the Borough of Camden is in Central London.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:16 PM

531 posts, read 594,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
100,000 out of 462,506 (533,187 including visitors).
This would mean that 80% of the workday population of the Borough of Camden is in Central London.
It certainly feels like it. Haha.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:14 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Well said. Is it just me but I don't really think NYC is all that. Other than Broadway, I really have no interest in the place. Just a very urban, lots of rundown areas, trash strewn about and as said above not nearly as scenic as London. Just doesn't have the cache of London. NYC is kind of a dump in comparison.
Large parts of the Village alone negate that. As a native Londoner I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find more beautiful historic architecture anywhere.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:58 PM

366 posts, read 404,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Well said. Is it just me but I don't really think NYC is all that. Other than Broadway, I really have no interest in the place. Just a very urban, lots of rundown areas, trash strewn about and as said above not nearly as scenic as London. Just doesn't have the cache of London. NYC is kind of a dump in comparison.
Butthurt much?

Honestly, London is the most overrated global city in the terms of vibrancy. It can often feel like a sleepy old people's town in comparison to the former. NYC isn't as vibrant as some of the Asian cities, but it totally destroys London in every equivalent area really.

Since fanboys here like to throw random off topic things for the sake of boosting, the only reason London is cleaner than NYC in comparison is because large swaths of it are also like dead in comparison. If anybody seriously believes that London doesn't have it's share of slummy piece of crap areas though they seriously need to come down to the real world from fantasy land.

Also, this so called beauty of London would be old worn-out architecture from eons ago I'm guessing. Yeah sure, that's all our definition of "beauty"...

Last edited by KaneKane; 07-02-2015 at 06:11 PM..

Old 07-02-2015, 08:19 PM

401 posts, read 649,866 times
I've been to both, and I would say that NYC is busier for sure, and I would say more vibrant too because more chaotic, less orderly, London is so clean and ordered that it is almost predictable, NYC has that craziness that makes it more vibrant IMO.
London is more on par with Paris, with NYC sightly above the 2.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:03 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
I've been to both, and I would say that NYC is busier for sure, and I would say more vibrant too because more chaotic, less orderly, London is so clean and ordered that it is almost predictable, NYC has that craziness that makes it more vibrant IMO.
London is more on par with Paris, with NYC sightly above the 2.
I understand this, but I personally have a hard time equating noise and chaos with vibrancy. I think it's to London's merit that it can accommodate similar crowd volumes, activities, events, concerts, outdoor markets, performances etc. to Manhattan, yet be orderly and civil at the same time. London is qualitatively distinct from New York, and both London and New York are quantitatively distinct from Paris.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:41 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Butthurt much?

Honestly, London is the most overrated global city in the terms of vibrancy. It can often feel like a sleepy old people's town in comparison to the former. NYC isn't as vibrant as some of the Asian cities, but it totally destroys London in every equivalent area really.

Since fanboys here like to throw random off topic things for the sake of boosting, the only reason London is cleaner than NYC in comparison is because large swaths of it are also like dead in comparison. If anybody seriously believes that London doesn't have it's share of slummy piece of crap areas though they seriously need to come down to the real world from fantasy land.

Also, this so called beauty of London would be old worn-out architecture from eons ago I'm guessing. Yeah sure, that's all our definition of "beauty"...
That actually sounds like the most "butthurt" (what a horrible word) post on the whole thread. London IS a great, vibrant city with a multitude of things to see and do - deal with it :P

Old 07-03-2015, 06:23 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Quite clearly NYC.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:35 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
That actually sounds like the most "butthurt" (what a horrible word) post on the whole thread. London IS a great, vibrant city with a multitude of things to see and do - deal with it :P

Lol so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World