Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 04:20 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
That Finnish would be blond in Southern Europe.
No, that's light brunette in Spain.

If his face were narrower and smaller he could pass for a southerner.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:23 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
You don't buy it, but studies have shown that Finland is the blondest country not only in Europe, but the whole world. Well I can understand why you don't buy it.

If you consider this Finn "dark";

Then you have absolutely no clue of what is dark. This is dark below:

See the difference now? That Finnish would be blond in Southern Europe.
Pic #3 isn't a Southern European anyone can see that.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:29 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times
Here's a very typical Spaniard.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 05-03-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 05-03-2016, 05:36 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Pics #2, and #3 don't look like typical Portuguese men.
Oh sure they are! You are from Portugal right? You should know who they are. Do you have a complex of inferiority?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
The thing is that when a true dark Spanish/Portuguese/Italians are shown, why do Southern Europeans trying to prove that they aren't dark. The guy there is Spanish, but isn't typical.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Daniel. D. Garcia looks more like a typical Spaniard to me.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
No, that's light brunette in Spain.

If his face were narrower and smaller he could pass for a southerner.
His true hair color is light brown, but he'd comsidered blond or at least fair-haired comparatively to Southern European populations which are predominantly tending towards darker hair and skin tones. Such as these Spanish soccer players.
Look:

Old 05-03-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
No, here's how Nords really look like.

Norway

Sweden

Finland

Went into the sauna...
Yep adaptation to the cold northern climate yields to lighter pigmentation.

Warmer climates.

Espana

Old 05-03-2016, 08:48 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Oh sure they are! You are from Portugal right? You should know who they are. Do you have a complex of inferiority?
You're making a fool of yourself! You present yourself as knowledegable on what Portuguese people look like which you clearly aren't and then each time someone challenges you on the fact that you post pics of individuals that are outliers and not typical you pull out of your ass the ridiculous inferiority complex theory to divert away from the stupidity your posts.

These three girls are Portuguese one is my niece and one is my daughter.
Attached Thumbnails
Blonde vs. Brunette?-53866a0cdcb5e.image.jpg  

Last edited by AFP; 05-03-2016 at 09:05 PM..

Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,814,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don't let this get to you, easthome. Though I'm American, I had my DNA tested a couple of years ago and I am the whitest person I know. I am 100 percent European and about 93 percent northern European (my DNA hearkens from the countries surrounding the North Sea - Scandinavian countries and northern Germany, the Netherlands, northern England/Scotland). The other 7 percent is French/German. I have very fair skin, dark auburn hair and dark brown eyes. I was blonde as a baby and toddler but by the time I entered school in the first grade my hair was honey brown color and it darkened to dark auburn by the time I was in about the sixth grade.

My husband's DNA came back a hodgepodge of every sort of race, including Native American and western African and Jewish (but mostly Irish and English), but he looks like a stereotypical Viking and has very light blonde hair and a "ginger" beard!

Genetics are interesting.
I am a natural blonde (I know, rare these days!) but it's a very "cool" dark blonde. This is pretty close to my natural hair color:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...c1fbc6edf0.jpg

here is a "warm" dark blonde hair color that is a lot more common, though hers is a little more red than most:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...cb5172a9f2.jpg

The former gets mistaken a lot for a "light brown" in a lot of places, since it's not platinum blonde. However I think most natural blondes are something close to one of these dark colors rather than the stereotypical lighter shades. Proof that there is at least some mixture. Even if we label these shades of blonde as the limitations on how "dark" blonde goes (hair color like a lot of other things, operates on a gradient), brunettes outnumber blondes by far.

I have always wanted to get my genes tested. I am probably close to 100% European but I probably have a mixture of a lot of different ethnicities in Europe... My last name is Scottish, my grandmother is 100% Italian (first-born American, great-grandparents came from Italy), I have close Swedish relatives and my mother said a lot of her family was Dutch. Looking at me that makes sense, but you never know. And we all came from the same place at one point in time, so genes don't always make sense in comparison to phenotype, as is the case with your husband. Blondes had to come from somewhere, out of a dark-haired family. Same for blue eyes, pale skin, etc.

There is a reason to this. Others have stated it's warm vs. cool which is kind of true but it has to do with vitamin D. For an example Scandinavians, a relatively pale people, don't get a lot of vitamin D. This comes from the relatively cold and not-as-sunny climate of Scandinavia because of high latitude and well, yeah. HOWEVER, Native American tribes like Eskimos and such are very dark despite being at same latitudes if not even sometimes further north and even colder, less sunny areas... The reason for this phenomenon existing is because the far North Native American tribes and Siberians eat a lot of fish. Fish is filled with this kind of stuff. Scandinavians ate a lot of reindeer (I won't explain reindeer meatballs at IKEA to you) and other things which sort of diluted their vitamin D intake. Not having quite literally heavy amounts of vitamin D taken from their diet nor the sun as it was gone quite a bit, makes for the pale Vikings we see today, yet the rather tan Siberians we see today. And why Scandinavians are typically blondes, and Siberians/Native Americans (in the far northern reaches of similar latitude or further north) are BLACK (nearly black) haired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World