Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 09:52 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Trump's problem is that he doesn't appeal to a lot of Americans and is unpopular with ethnic groups and women and that's a big demographic in America. He's not even popular with female Repulicans, and is relying too heavily on disillusioned white male voters. The truth is he has upset a lot of people and groups in the US all of whom are going to be eager to vote against him in this election, and the one thing I do expect is a massive turnout.

Donald Trump's lack of female support may ruin his campaign

How to stop Donald Trump: women may hold the solution | US news | The Guardian
Trump would have to win something like 70% of white male voters but of course, they're not all angry, paranoid xenophobics. Upsetting Latinos and Blacks isn't hard for a Republican to do but you have to be a special kind of exotic crazy to upset so many white female voters especially many who are Republican.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:04 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Lol you guys are seriously under estimating how disgusted most are with the current policies.

Trump has way more support from
women than you guys realize

Old 05-04-2016, 10:42 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol you guys are seriously under estimating how disgusted most are with the current policies.

Trump has way more support from
women than you guys realize
The doesn't seem to be reflected in the polls. Too many with reservations about trump. There are many ways in which he's a potential disaster.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:09 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Well it really doesn't matter, does it?
It's not like the majority of
Americans are worried about what
the world thinks or how we're perceived.
This is a thread in the World forum asking non-Americans what they think about Trump. Do you really think that Trump's foreign policy doesn't affect other countries and how they react to his foreign policy won't affect the United States?

Edited to add: Regarding making Anerica great again, I thought this was a very interesting post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/43933507-post63.html

Last edited by cdnirene; 05-04-2016 at 11:17 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 11:15 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
This is a thread in the World forum asking non-Americans what they think about Trump. Do you really think that Trump's foreign policy doesn't affect other countries and how they react to his foreign policy won't affect the United States?
Eh, here's the thing. Do people in other parts of the world care about the average Americans view of their leaders?
Does it matter if we like Germany's leader?
Does it effect anyone if we actually like Putin?
How bout the Polish President.....?
None of our opinions matter in the big picture.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:38 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Eh, here's the thing. Do people in other parts of the world care about the average Americans view of their leaders?
Does it matter if we like Germany's leader?
Does it effect anyone if we actually like Putin?
How bout the Polish President.....?
None of our opinions matter in the big picture.
Because the leaders of those other countries cannot affect Americans the same way American leaders can affect them. Unlike Germany and most other countries, the USA has military bases around the world which can provide both stability as well as instability depending who's in charge. More than any other country, the USA has expanded it's culture around the world. McDonald's, KFC and other provide jobs where ever they are. Not a huge deal but far bigger than what any other nation has done. Also, the US dollar is the world's reserve currency and is most frequent in international transactions. The strength of the dollar has the potential to cripple the world's economy in a way no other currency can. Therefore, if the US economy crashes, it brings down everyone else far more so than any other economy. Again, whomever is at the helm sets policy for that. So to that end, the rest of the world cares a great deal what we Americans are doing and who we elect as our leaders.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:06 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,114 times
Quote:
As a German, of course I'm interested to hear what people around the world think about Germany or about Angela Merkel. That doesn't mean that their views will change my opinion. But I will think about their opinions.
For me it's extremely narrow-minded to say "I'm not interested what other people think about my country or what they think about our head of government."
For me it's important to learn more about what people around the world think. It's just terrible when people aren't interested in the opinion of other people.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:30 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I worry that all the negative media coverage about him would ruin a lot of our foreign policy and relations with other countries. I don't like Trump in even the slightest, but if he were to get elected I would hope the other branches would use engage in a lot of "checks and balances" and cancel out a lot of what he would try to pass. But the sheer image of him being the face of the country even for a short time could be disastrous. What he has said about Mexicans, Muslims in particular (who has certain groups that are very violent and a threat at this time), could be a huge problem for us. If he were to get elected, I suspect a TON more problems with the Middle East and maybe the countries due south of us since he has said things that many Latinos have viewed as insulting. A lot of things can change in the span of four years.

I don't agree with our current foreign policy either, I think we are too involved, but the key here is that we are well-liked in the eyes of most nations, and I can see Trump's election completely and utterly destroying that.

I hope some non-Americans can reply to me on this matter too, I wonder what foreign policy would go to if Trump were elected?

With Cruz dropping out of the race, Trump looks like the Republican nominee.
Because Trump insults people Nigerians don't like him as mudslinging although it happens isn't really a Nigerian thing. As far as I can tell most Nigerians who live in Nigeria either A.) Think he runs his mouth too much B.) Like most U.S Presidents think he isn't religious enough.
They definitely love Obama though as Obama has been easily the most popular U.S president ever in Nigeria, he doesn't do anything for Nigerians but he just overall seems like a chill and a nice person and because he has
African heritage, (Kenyan dad), like to brag, saying a Black man or an African man's has accomplished a lot also.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
I find some of Trumps quotes to be disturbing to be honest.

24 Of The Most Outrageous Donald Trump Quotes | Marie Claire

David Cameron has 'no intention' of apologising to Donald Trump for calling him stupid

I also found this disturbing.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:18 AM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
It always creeps me out when I hear the innocent voices of children singing about a POLITICIAN! Ew!!

https://youtu.be/WtGrp5MbzAI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World