Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Did you feel this way in 2009?

Believe it or not, I think Trump will have problems with the Tea Party Republicans. He wants to spend 'biggly' and they are not going to allow that. Everything is working as intended.
At this point, I don't know what is possible anymore. I can't predict anything anymore. I'll just sit back, be at peace, and eat some popcorn until the next circus show arrives. Politics comes and goes in waves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 09:05 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Did you feel this way in 2009?

Believe it or not, I think Trump will have problems with the Tea Party Republicans. He wants to spend 'biggly' and they are not going to allow that. Everything is working as intended.
What does he want to spend "biggly" on?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Infrastructure and he's going to have his hands full with the Tea Party faction of the Republican Party.

With Trump's election, is stimulus spending back on Washington's agenda? - LA Times

Old 11-09-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Infrastructure and he's going to have his hands full with the Tea Party faction of the Republican Party.

With Trump's election, is stimulus spending back on Washington's agenda? - LA Times
Thank you for the information. I'll definitely go through it.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:38 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He announced a big job creation initiative (which was Obama's initiative, but the Republicans wouldn't allow it, claiming the budget couldn't afford it) via re-building and improving infrastructure. But he also said he was going to cut taxes. So it's not clear how he plans to fund it.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:40 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,530,536 times
As a non-American, I don't oppose everything he stands for, but am enraged that he won't honour the American commitments to reduce GHG emissions, and will actively work to increase them. The Paris Accords were unbelievably hard to make happen and the deal with China was a win for the entire world. The international community was finally making real strides towards addressing climate change. He may be my president, but it's all our atmosphere, so I definitely care about that, it's almost an act of aggression against all of us for him to trash our environments by destroying these agreements.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He announced a big job creation initiative (which was Obama's initiative, but the Republicans wouldn't allow it, claiming the budget couldn't afford it) via re-building and improving infrastructure. But he also said he was going to cut taxes. So it's not clear how he plans to fund it.
My eternal question in this case is (particularly in light of all the promises "to bring jobs back to the US") with taxes being cut supposedly in order to "create more jobs in the US," where are the guarantees that these "spared money" won't be invested somewhere else, but specifically for creation of American jobs?
Isn't it capitalism 101 - the free flow of money and search of the best returns on investments?

Old 11-10-2016, 01:25 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Huh? 3,000 died in NYC due to disgusting terrorist attacks. Not due to republicans.
ok, so terrorists did it with no reason at all ???

Old 11-10-2016, 01:27 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
Quote:
Pure partisanship right here. Dubya Bush was a terrible President and did indeed drag us into a war in Iraq, but he certainly did not cause 9/11. A sick, disgusting ideology did. Hillary approved of the war too. She is a solid war hawk with a rich record of military intervention.
I'm ok with the partisanship, but not for Clinton. Bush certainly did not cause it but it did not help it anyway. I still believe economy was destroyed and wars were useless. They ended up admitting there were no weapons of mass destruction anyway.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:37 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
As an Australian, I'm glad that he won. Just to **** off the butthurt SWJ's and PC police out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World